Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
The Tri-State Delivery practice is presently seeking a Lead Network Engineer (Principal Consultant) to join our team. Your primary responsibilities in this role will include preforming project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of network and security solutions as well as functioning as a technical lead on complex projects requiring teams of engineers.
Daily responsibilities will include the following:
* LAN and WAN routing and switching design, configuration and deployment in small to very large and complex environments including Internet Edge architectures.
* You will provide network engineering consulting services, including: assessment, design and implementation of network and security products/solutions.
* Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance.
* You will assume technical leadership on complex projects.
* Troubleshoot issues as necessary.
* You have flexibility with working hours and possess your own vehicle for travel within the Tri-State area.
* We seek a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience along with a minimum of 7 years related experience providing project deliverables in a VAR/Integrator environment.
* You possess an Active Cisco® CCNP/CCIE certificate or equivalent experience.
* You communicate effectively (verbally as well in written form).
* You have solid documentation experience with Microsoft® Visio, Word, and Excel, PowerPoint.
* You are ambitious and goal-oriented with the initiative to work until the job is completed.
* We seek expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following:
* Programmable Infrastructure (APIs, Scripting, PYTHON, JSON) strongly desired
* Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Nexus strongly preferred)
* Multi-protocol environments, with mutual redistribution of routing protocols
* Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration, and deployment
* Successful candidates will also possess experience and demonstrated expertise in at least one or more of the following areas:
* ACI, NSX, DNA, Viptela
* NGFW/Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco is required, Palo Alto/Check Point are a plus)
* Authentication solutions including 802.1x/RADIUS/TACACS, Cisco ACS and RSA
* Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (Cisco, Citrix, F5, Riverbed)
* IDS/IPS solutions (Sourcefire/Palo Alto a plus)
* Familiarity with additional core technologies will include:
* NetBrain, NMAP, Nessus, IPERF, SolarWinds, OpenNMS, PRIME, SPLUNK, ESXi
* Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to email@example.com
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Presidio provides managed services and network solutions technologies.