Supports Mount Auburn's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities. Researches, implements, and maintains information technologies to increase LAN/WAN operational efficiencies and secure Mount Auburn's enterprise network. Lead a team of network engineers and manages corporate projects and problem resolution requiring the participation of multiple specialized teams.
1. Designs, implements, and maintains highly available and fault tolerant network routing/switching/security infrastructure for the enterprise with minimal supervision from the Team Lead and/or Manager. Infrastructure technologies include, but are not limited to: Clientbased SSL VPN, Site-to-Site IPSec VPN, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, SIP, H.323 video collaboration, firewall technologies, network load balancing technologies, network monitoring technologies, 802.11b/g/n wireless networks, and 802.3 based Ethernet networks.
2. Interfaces with clients, vendors, and other teams on multi-faceted projects involving voice and data requirements in support of enterprise technologies.
3. Interfaces with clients, vendors, and multiple teams while providing resolution to incidents as escalated from the OneIS Help Desk.
4. Manages assigned projects and meets deadlines with minimal supervision from Team Leader and/or Manager.
5. Leads large projects and assigns tasks to supporting Network Engineers and other technical staff with minimal supervision from Team Leader and/or Manager.
6. Independently develops reference materials (network diagrams, installation documentation, etc.) for supported network technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of other technical staff.
7. Serves as both a professional and technical mentor to other Network Engineers.
8. Proactively identifies areas of improvement (process or technical) and develops plans for associated changes required.
9. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures in an effort to assure prompt resolution to identified problems. B. Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees. C. Champion Mount Auburn's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
10) Frequently interacts with other ONEIS departments on telecommunications hardware and software problems. Researches, implements, and educates peers on new technologies. Coordinates and performs daily corporate problem resolutions supporting telecommunications hardware/software issues; including but not limited to terminal servers, switches, bridges, voice servers, and routers. Performs protocol analysis on various network architectures; including but not limited to Ethernet, Wireless, TDM and SONET. Support network based services; including but not limited to BOOTP/DHCP, DNS, NTP, TFTP, SNMP, RADIUS, and LDAP. Supports and proliferates network security in the form of firewall, IDS/IPS, and VPN solutions. Work environment includes hospital areas, ONEIS computer room and office settings. Must be conscience of all operational and safety procedures. Rotating shifts, including after hours on-call and working weekends or irregular long hours as well as occasional overnight travel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1) Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
2) Minimum five years experience in computer electronics and/or telecommunications.
3) Experience in microcomputers and supporting telecommunications hardware/software required.
4) Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Valid drivers' license and dependable transportation. Cisco CCNA Additionally, any of the following are also preferred, but not required: Cisco CCNP Cisco CCDP Checkpoint CCSE CWNP CWSP CWNP CWAP ISC2 SSCP Avaya ACS
5) Good organizational skills, analytical, dependable, detail oriented, interpersonal skills, and understanding of the English language (both written and oral). Must have thorough understanding of the 7-layer OSI model.
6) Must have an applied understanding of the TCPIP protocol, as well as multicast routing functions. Linux, Windows, and Network Security (Firewall and VPN) experience preferred.
7) Proficiency with network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds NPM or similar products. Must have excellent problem solving skills, and be customer service oriented.