The Network Engineer Sr Principal leads and oversees the complex installation, analysis, evaluation, and support of network communications including LAN/WAN, Load Balancing and VOIP systems.
* Conducts analysis and planning on company-wide communications services to support strategic planning and procurement.
* Supports the Corporate Network Operations Center (NOC) in establishing bandwidth monitoring and system management.
* Ensures solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reusability.
* Supports the corporate operations in the provisioning, implementation, and monitoring, troubleshooting of Network communications.
* Leads development of communications solutions for proposals and creates strategies to win business in foreign and domestic markets.
* Leads Network Engineering team in keeping documentation and monitoring systems up to date and accurate at all times.
* Provides oversight of communications projects, including development of timetables, budgets, and status reports working with project management team.
* Monitors LAN and WAN to ensure they are operating according to contractual service level agreements.
* Manages communication systems to ensure they support corporate network architecture and operations.
* May consult with business unit contract operations and program management staff.
* Prepares detailed documentation of network systems including drawings, IP addressing plans, troubleshooting trees and training documents.
* Performs duties as Lead in absence of the department manager.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
* CISCO IOS network software.
* Cisco NXOS network software.
* Professional Certifications and industry certifications.
* Ability to remain current on CISCO platforms.
* Demonstrate independent problem solving skills.
* Demonstrate good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers, including various country Governments.
* Ability to uphold integrity and confidentiality with access to all information on the Company network.
* Skilled in creating Visio drawings and diagrams of new and existing network infrastructure.
* Desired F5 LTM and GTM deployment and management experience.
* Wireless Implementation, troubleshooting and management
* DMVPN Deployments and troubleshooting
* WAN/MPLS configurations, installations and ISP coordination
* Layer 2 VLAN configuration, designing, segmenting and troubleshooting
* Cisco ASA configuration, ACL creations and implementing
* VFR experience in creating, implementing and troubleshooting
* Generating BoM, quotes, parts lists for Cisco architecture and working with VARs
Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or related field; one (1) year of experience in related field can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
* Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching Certification strongly preferred.
* Preferred CCDP or CCNP Datacenter.
* Ten (10) years experience in network engineering.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
* Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on over seven decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs Inside DI or DI at Work or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.