We are currently looking for a Network Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. In this position you will design, manage, and implement the network based components of Smartsheet’s infrastructure. We’re looking for motivated individuals who will develop and deploy weaponized solutions, and iterate on improving both the existing and future of Smartsheet’s technology environments. This position is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and reports to the Manager of Site Reliability Engineering.
- Work with multiple development teams to design and operate the global network infrastructure required to deliver a world class service to our customers
- Become intimately familiar with the architecture of our hybrid and multi-cloud environments and be responsible for the availability of our 24x7
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required
- Solve complex problems with many variables
- 2+ years managing network infrastructure in production environments
- Experience with F5, Cisco, Juniper and at least one IaaS (AWS, GCP, Azure) network stack
- Deep expertise in BGP, DNS and global load balancing implementations and architecture
- 2+ years of work experience in a production Linux environment
- 2+ years of experience with common scripting or programming languages
- Familiarity with Kerberos, LDAP, and other SSO solutions (nice to have)
- Possess programming competence, with technical skills in some variant of each of the following:
- Automation Frameworks (Jenkins, Rundeck, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Data Description: JSon, XML, Yang, etc.
- Coding: Python, Perl, Java, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading a project delivering some aspect of network services automation
- Experience with RPM based Linux distributions, managing and deploying system and application monitoring (nice to have)
- Systems development of distributed specialized Linux server fleets and the software stacks that run on them (nice to have)
- Ability to work in the US on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience