Network Engineer, IT Networking - Redwood-Shores office
Imperva, the leader in Data Security, is seeking a technically passionate Network Engineer, to join the Global IT Team, located at our offices in Redwood Shore, California. Imperva, pioneering the third pillar of enterprise security, fills the gaps in endpoint and network security by directly protecting high-value applications and data assets in physical and virtual data centers. With an integrated security platform built specifically for modern threats, Imperva data center security provides the visibility and control needed to neutralize attack, theft, and fraud from inside and outside; to mitigate risk; and to streamline compliance.
We are seeking for a Network Engineer with extensive experience at data networking and data security and who has worked in a large enterprise environments. As a Network Engineer you will be part of the IT-Networking and security team that manage hundreds of networking and security devices build of multi-vendor environments across imperva's worldwide offices and datacenters.
* Manage a 24/7, always on, multi-tier network delivery environment.
* Create VPN tunnels and connections to customers, partners, AWS, Azure and remote locations.
* Manage and allocate network resources, VLANs, IP addresses and VRFs.
* Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflows, access, information, and security requirements.
* Ability to independently identify, troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex technical issues related to infrastructure, network and application interaction.
* Maintain network performance by monitoring, analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors.
* Maintain a documentation process of networking and security events by writing page environments and creating Visio charts.
* Advanced level ability to troubleshoot complex networking and security issues
* Must be security minded, with an excellent understanding of network/host security fundamentals.
* Must be a self-learner and independent.
* Advanced knowledge of routing protocols design and configuration (BGP, OSPF).
* Advanced knowledge of networking protocols (Spanning-Tree, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, IPv6, 802.1Q).
* Advanced knowledge of Firewall and IPS administration - experience with Palo Alto Networks, an advantage.
* Advanced knowledge of VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL) administration and configuration.
* Basic knowledge of VoIP technologies and VoIP systems management.
* Ability to work non-standard hours on occasion.
* 3 years or more of experience in a similar role.
* Experience with Cisco IOS and NX-OS CLI.
* Scripting capabilities in Python - an advantage.
* Academic degree - an advantage.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader-championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva-Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It's an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.comand career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Imperva is a provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premises.