We are seeking a self-motivated and knowledgeable network engineer well versed with the engineering and administration of multiprotocol infrastructure, network security devices, strong background in network and wireless technologies, management systems and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Work with a technical team of engineers to meet department goals.
* Support Agency projects by participating in stakeholder meetings and design reviews to evaluate the impact to NASA HQ operations.
* Support NASA HQ projects by collecting requirements, performing deep dive investigations on service impacting issues and create future corrective action plans for dissemination to other Network Engineering teams
* Evaluate, test, and implement new solutions.
* Maximizes network performance by implementing effective monitoring, and network capacity and IP (IPv4-IPv6) addressing within the network.
* Secures network against threats by establishing and enforcing policies, performing penetration testing and proactively defining and monitoring access controls.
* Participate in all required engineering meetings for the service lines that support enterprise network services across the NASA Centers.
* Develop deployment procedures (within change management guidelines) and upgrade strategies for the network infrastructure.
* Collaborate with other teams and contractors to resolve problems for any escalated engineering issues and provide support needed to troubleshoot network issues.
* Plan, schedule, coordinate, and implement configuration changes, operating system upgrades, network maintenance activities which include firmware, hardware replacement and network infrastructure changes.
* Create and maintain network documentation and connectivity diagrams using Visio, processes documentation and other documentation of live network environments for internal and customer use.
* Communicate effectively with internal and external audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
* Provide input for security recommendations, policy changes, security plans and data calls.
* Adhere to the organization's policy and procedures.
* Provide after-hours support for outages and maintenance activities.
* Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject (4 years experience in lieu of degree)
* 9+ years of proven, hands-on network engineering experience
* CCNA/CCNP or (more advanced certifications highly valued)
* Demonstrable mastery of networking standards and protocols (e.g., IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
* Hands- on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients
* Advanced degree or continued education in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject
* Experience leading a technical team.
* Experience with wireless equipment such as point to point radios (i.e. fixed wireless, microwave)
* Experience managing large scale network construction or installation projects
* Experience working with SLAs and uptime requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability