About the Company:
PlaceIQ is a leading data and technology provider that powers critical business and marketing decisions with location data, analytics and insights. An early industry pioneer, PlaceIQ has become the standard for fueling better decisions by marketers, analysts and publishers through powerful, location-based consumer insights, real-world measurement and attribution.
With PlaceIQ, companies can uncover opportunities within the consumer journey by learning about and connecting with location-based audiences, measuring real-world ROI and applying insights that drive intelligent marketing and successful business outcomes.
The Network Engineer will maintain, design and implement the networking, firewalling, data communications, intrusion detecting and web load-balancing infrastructures of the company. The network is a multi-site, multi-core environment, with complex routing and switching requirements. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and analysis of all elements of the Juniper, F5, equipment. Also monitoring and controlling the performance and status of all network resources. Use software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance, availability and resilience. This is a small company environment, so the right candidate must be willing to jump in and help out with System Administrator tasks as needed.
* Knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching, design, configuration, troubleshooting and use of recommended best practices
* Knowledge and experience with Juniper QFX and EX series switches
* Knowledge and experience with Juniper MX series routers and Juniper SRX series service gateways
* Knowledge and experience with F5 or other load balancing equipment
* Understanding of routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, LAN technologies, redundancy HSRP, VRRP, OSPF, WAN connectivity, and MPLS
* Understanding of Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, VPC, RSPAN Monitoring, and Multicast
* Understanding of Network Security, including the design, configuration, and tuning of Juniper SRX security appliances including ACL configuration, IPSec tunnels, NAT, and routing policies
* Network troubleshooting skills, using Wireshark, Netflow, Spectrum and other tools
* Implement and manage external data connections over dedicated circuits, and VPN
* Implement and manage site-to-site dark fiber network
* Implement and manage Server Load Balancing using F5 appliances, web content load balancing, site failover, and certificate management
* Experience with VMware ESX 6.x, ESXi virtualization technology, with the ability to properly architect for, and support the network for this environment
* Proven engineering documentation skills using Visio or similar
* Managing daily operational processes for all network and telecommunications systems, and following change control process
* Defining, planning, and coordinating network and telecommunications projects
* Contributing to long term network design strategy and roadmap, core network architecture, and establishing engineering standards and best practice guides
* 5+ years' experience designing, building and maintaining preferably enterprise and big data network environments.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience.
* Experience with network architecture supporting big data (Hadoop) and distributed computing environments.
* Highly technical hands-on engineer with ability to troubleshoot all diverse hardware platforms and technical relationships.
* Team and detail oriented, open and collaborative work ethic with a well-developed sense of ownership and responsibility, flexible, adaptable and easy to work with.
* Innate curiosity for networking infrastructure and technologies.
* Tenacious perseverance in investigating problems and processes.
* Ability to teach, train and communicate effectively with others at all levels within the organization.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to understand complex networking and business concepts and translate them into clear, concise and complete solutions.
* Must be proficient with creating detailed technical documentation and diagrams using Visio or similar applications
PlaceIQ powers critical business and marketing decisions with location data, analytics and insights.