DEI has a new opportunity at Ft Belvoir. The ideal candidate will serves as the on-site Network Engineer for the Operation Support Team of a DoD agency. The candidates will design, implementation and deploy systems and transition into operations for maintenance while working with a group of high-skilled Network Engineers to deploy technical solution for numerous Information Technology (IT) systems. In the event of outages, the candidate will also serve as Tier I and Tier II support for the Network Operations Group supporting the agency's Enterprise and/or Architecture.
* Design, implement, and deploy technical solution for numerous Information Technology systems.
* Implement and maintain agency's network infrastructures as a member of the Network Operations Group across local and remotes sites
* Install and configure network equipment
* Perform network implementation, migration, test, and maintenance for the Baseline
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Active Top Secret clearance (or higher)
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 12 years of professional experience
* Active Security + (Required prior to Start Date)
* Knowledgeable in IP Networking, enterprise voice solutions, VoIP technology, IPSec and TDM Voice
* Strong Cisco Routing and Switch/Data Networking skills
* Experience in Layer 2 & Layer 3 technologies
* Experience with, and understanding of, Cisco Voice-over-IP technologies
* Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent documentation skills
* Experience applying DISA STIGs / Security Patches
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Active Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice Certification
* Knowledge with Cisco Nexus 7000
* Expertise in Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP)
* Expertise in Layer 2 Protocols (PVST+, MST, Trunking, Ether channel, vPC etc)
* Familiarity with the various Cisco hardware platforms (routers, switches, Nexus, firewalls, etc.)
* Experience with IPv6
* Experience with DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, TACACS+
* Knowledgeable in - Firewall platforms (Cisco FWSM, ASA, Sidewinder, Palo Alto)
* Knowledgeable in security protocols (RADIUS, TACACS+, 802.1X,)
* Knowledgeable in two-factor authentication platforms
* VPN Configurations (client and site to site configurations, DMVPN) VoIP and QoS
* Good documentation and Visio skills Network Management Tools (Solarwinds NPM, NCM, Kiwi)
* Experience with Rsyslog Experience with VMware
Defense Engineering Inc. (DEI), a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, is a growing IT engineering firm that specializes in modernizing and operating reliable IT systems by harnessing emerging technologies with proven innovations. Our capabilities include a full range of IT engineering, cyber security, IT strategic planning, IT operations, program management, software/application development, and IT communications implementation.
Defense Engineering, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.