We're looking for an experienced Network Engineer to own the ongoing evaluation of our network environment. You will be responsible for working with IT, TechOps, and other groups within Myriad to develop networking and security capabilities. You will be working with the VP of IT to ensure project alignment and direct activities. This role will require strategic thinking for business alignment, network scalability and layered security capabilities. It will also require a hands-on attitude and approach for advising on technical security approaches and implementing capabilities.
Location: South San Francisco, CA
* Lead the design, development, troubleshooting and daily operations of Myriad's network environment supporting business requirements. The environment is a mix of Cisco, Brocade and Aruba networking products. The scope covers on premises WAN, LAN and wireless operations; and service providers furnishing connections to the Internet and Myriad's cloud infrastructure.
* Develop and produce network model and architecture plans and designs, test plans, implementation plans, operation guides, and overall subject matter expertise for enterprise network solution
* Lead the ongoing development of network security to support changing business systems and operations. This requires understanding application integrations and use; participating in security audits to identify network gaps and risks. This includes configuration of firewalls, VLANs, remote access schemes, and wireless access, coordination of public key infrastructures, certification authorities, network access control, data encryption in motion, etc. Investigate and remediate security issues as they occur.
* Coordinate the development of monitoring tools to evaluate, identify, and react to malicious events inside the network, suspicious data movement, and external attempts to gain network access. Monitoring tools will also report on the health and status of the network including uptime, utilization, and quality. Working with desktop and TechOps teams to establish goals, metrics, and operating procedures and advise on best practices.
* Help coordinate technical approaches to security across desktop, compute, and storage teams to meet requirements of business operations. This requires leading the approach to security when working with business and IT teams on projects.
* Help develop network security procedures to meet HIPAA, SOX, and ISO 27033 standards. These procedures will also support Myriad's own security, privacy, and compliance policies. Procedure development will be performed working with the legal and security teams.
* BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science plus 6 years of relevant experience.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or above, for Security; hands on experience with ASA firewalls and AMP on ASAs; hands on experience with Stealthwatch and Palo Alto Firewalls a big plus
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or above, for Routing and Switching; hands on experience using Cisco networking products
* Cisco certifications in Wireless or Design a plus
* Strong understanding of security zones, DMZs and 3-Tier Architecture
* Strong understanding of LAN/WAN/ Cloud Hosting Networks including (VNET, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VRF, QOS, Route Groups, VLAN, IPSec)
* Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate (AACA) and/or Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA), a plus
* Experience with network configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef
* Experience with SolarWinds, Datadog, and SumoLogic
* Experience with network security controls in a HIPPA or SOX regulated environment
* Experience with Amazon Web Services networking services, including VPN, Direct Connect, VPCs, subnets, and security groups,a plus
* Understanding of Identity Management using OneLogin, Active Directory, SAML, ADFS, and OAUTH,a plus
* Must be motivated, disciplined and a self-starter. Must be willing to learn any needed skills via self-directed activity.
About Our Company
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.