Caci International Inc
Network Engineer, Lead (First Shift)
Req #: 136517
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
The Network Specialist performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation. Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations. Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Constantly reviews and responds to complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities. Administers the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network. Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds and implements network systems. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems. Provides technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
Must be able to pass an EOD Suitability Clearance.
Must have an active Secret clearance
* Provides technical leadership and manages the short- and long-term needs of DHS networks, and supports projects requiring network resources and development of network-related policies and procedures
* Evaluates and selects IT services, application software, and hardware products, and manages projects using effective work planning and oversight practices
* Provides recommendations on current and pertinent technology, identifies and recommends strategic directions based on technical changes in the computer industry
* Analyzes, identifies, and resolves network operational issues to ensure optimum performance and network capacity, and assists with the support of all server platforms that communicate through the network to determine requirements for new and existing systems
* Manages networks configuration involving at multiple locations with primary and backup connectivity and a range of connectivity types
* Designs, implements, troubleshoots, and monitors network security mechanisms to mitigate risks of network attacks
* Applies network engineering, operations, architecture, and sound management practices to manage technical staff to meet projects schedules
Minimum Qualifications: BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline. 5-8 years of hands on experience in network design, administration, operations, procedures, and troubleshooting
Desired Qualifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), highly favored.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to eight years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About Caci International Inc
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.
Caci International Inc