PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR's Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
This position works with multiple stakeholders to analyze requirements and develop innovative, high-visibility mission critical network solutions. This position is responsible for the design, development and testing of network services used by PACCAR employees, dealers, customers and shareholders.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Lead and develop department's technical vision and strategy of major aspects of the PACCAR network including WAN/LAN, Wireless/Mobility, Unified Communications, and SAN.
* Lead and expand global strategies to implement new technologies based on developed vision.
* Present new and emerging technologies to management through vendor presentations and/or personal experiences which provide financial benefit or increase productivity.
* Lead and work with peers in cross-functional teams globally.
* Mentor team members in effective troubleshooting of network related problems.
* Develop PACCAR network standards and publish RFCs as requested.
* 3rd level support on PACCAR's network infrastructure and its peripheral equipment. Document network problems and resolution for future reference.
* Up to 25% travel.
* 5-7 years of experience working at an enterprise level network.
* Proven track record in the design of secure enterprise level networks.
* Expert knowledge of TCP/IP applications and protocols, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, STP.
* Experience with IPSEC and SSL based VPN equipment.
* Strong knowledge of IP switched storage networks.
* Experience with converge network LAN/SAN desired.
* Experience with Cloud Solutions (AWS and Azure)
* Experience with SD-WAN technology and designs
* Firewall administration experience a plus.
* Knowledge of or interest in network design/architecture.
* Understanding of current and emerging wireless network technology in an enterprise setting.
* Knowledge in security including authentication and encryption protocols.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and strong analytical abilities.
* Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or CISSP desired.
* Availability to travel up to 25%.
Bachelor degree in related field strongly desired
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Network, Network Engineer, Cisco, Consulting, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.