As a part of a rapidly evolving team, you will create, secure, and manage 21stCentury ground, vehicle, and flight networks. Using the latest technologies, you will build systems that will become the foundation of a company that is doing things for which there is no blueprint. We seek network engineers who are passionate about space and possess a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the human flight vehicle.
* Work closely with Network Architect to develop one-of-a-kind space launch vehicle flight network using Ethernet/IP packet based technology
* Independently validate all the flight network specifications and requirements provided by the network architect, avionics hardware and software engineers
* Independently verify all the flight network systems in our Hardware-In-The-Loop(HIL) Laboratory and our launch sites against the network functional and performance requirements, such as network latency, jitter, loss of packet, etc
* Perform trade study to develop or procure cost-effective network verification/test infrastructure, such as data capturing and analysis tools, network traffic simulators, performance measurement tools, etc.
* Hands-on on the deployment of the flight network equipment in test bench, HIL and launch sites
* Research the network performance visualization technology, perform periodic network performance analysis and present to various pathfinding stakeholders
* Configure and maintain control of all flight networks equipment settings
* Lead the flight network commissioning activities and keep the flight network flight-ready via scheduled checkout and maintenance actions
* Interface with Blue Origin IT personnel to secure all flight networks traffic via firewall deployment
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, networking or equivalent
* 5+ years of design and advanced testing experience as a practicing network engineer (not IT administrator)
* In-depth understanding of network Layer 1/2/3 protocols and applications, such as multicast/unicast, PIM, Precision Timing Protocol (PTP), VLAN tagging, network traffic QoS, OSPF, Timing Sensitive/Triggered Ethernet, etc.
* Ability to understand and develop various software scripting languages
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team of highly skilled software engineers
* Travel as needed to support launch operations, maintenance, or new network deployments
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
* 8+ years of design and advanced testing experience as a practicing network engineer (not IT administrator)
* Experience or training in formal systems engineering, including requirements development, analysis, and verification
* Familiarity with deterministic Ethernet applications and technologies, such as Time-Triggered Ethernet (AS6802), ARINC 664/AFDX, EtherCAT, Industrial Ethernet
* Experience with RF datalink systems
* Knowledge of formal issue and change tracking systems (JIRA, Trac, SVN, etc.)
* Understanding of fault tolerant, fail-operational network designs
* Proficient in both Windows and Linux
* Background in one or more of the following: Satellite/Telecommunications, Aviation/Aerospace, Mission/Ground Control Centers, Operational Environments, and/or Safety Critical Networks
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.