Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers' ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
Network Engineering implements, maintains and supports the Vonage network infrastructure. We work with project managers and architectural engineering to design and develop a scalable and highly available solution to meet business needs 24x7. You can join our team as a Network Engineer III, providing Network Engineering support for broad network segments or multiple complex locations.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
* Configure and install various network devices and services, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN and QoS.
* Analyze and recommend commercially available hardware and software capable of meeting network / system requirements.
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades, including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
* Perform verification for new network circuits and components.
* Monitor network performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
* Monitor system resource utilization, trending and capacity planning.
* Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of network infrastructure changes.
* Provide Level 2-3 support and troubleshooting; troubleshooting and repairing complex technical issues.
* Design hardware and software performance, stress and load tests - making configuration and improvement recommendations based on analysis of results.
What you will bring
* Extensive knowledge of industry standard VoIP protocols and WAN technologies.
* Advanced understanding of MLPS protocol, UNIX and Linux operating systems, and IP V4 and V6.
* Experience with Juniper routers and firewalls and with Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies.
* Extensive knowledge of load balancing, change management and configuration policies.
* Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
* A strong desire to learn, build and grow.
* Ability to:
* Multi-task across systems and applications.
* Analyze, isolate and resolve complex issues.
* Tailor communication and style to different audiences, technical and non-technical alike.
What is required for application
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
* Prior experience (3-4 years) in a Network Engineering or related position.
Industry and vendor specific certification and/or training (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, VMware, AWS, etc.)
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Network Engineer
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.
Vonage provides communications services connecting people through cloud-connected devices worldwide.