AUSGAR Technologies, Inc., an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer, is a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Department of Defense, government contractor with core competencies in Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering. With offices on both the East and West coasts, an inviting culture, and above-standard benefits, opportunity abounds for the right individual!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer III to join Team AUSGAR's smart, innovative technical team members.
Network Engineer III - 19-017
This position will provide development and test support to the network design, integration and test of the UCA Advanced Networking Tactical System (ANTS).
* Provide integration and testing of network dependencies, such as Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Networks, Enterprise Services (CANES) and Unmanned Mission Control Station (UMCS).
* Position will involve configuring and troubleshooting devices on test beds, developing and testing new network technologies within ANTS and UMCS devices and integrating these technologies on ADNS and CANES via the ADNS Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and Configuration Management (CM) process.
* This position requires extensive experience in various network management tools, storage-area-network technologies, network protocols, encryption and quality of services, performance analysis and collaboration.
* Development of ANTS and integration into ADNS is primary focus for development team.
* The Test Team's primary focus is supporting NAVAIR Test Events, which integrates UCA dependencies of ANTS, ADNS, CANES and UMCS.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 5-9 years of Network Engineering experience
* BS in engineering or computer science related field or equivalent years of experience.
* Must have current Security+ certification.
* Must obtain CCNA within 60 days of hire.
* One (1) Professional Level Network Certification and Operating System IAT Level III (Preferred).
* Experience and demonstrated good technical skills in the areas of networks, network security, virtualization and information technologies.
* Possess vast knowledge and skills in working with different network devices and network technologies, including switches and routers, network devices, encryption devices (GD and ViaSat) and technologies from Cisco.
* Possess Professional Networks Certifications from Cisco networks.
* Provide expertise in design and implement IP based encrypted systems to improve the efficiency of network transport. Possess experience and professional certification in network security and information assurance.
* Implement network and operating System Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to secure all aspects of the network.
* Assist in providing ATO and IATT packages for all ANTS lab environments.
* Able to provide computer supports for all Microsoft-Windows-based systems and Unix-based systems, specifically RHEL.
* This would include system admin tasks, troubleshooting tasks and security compliance tasks for these systems.
* Participate during the research, study, review and analysis for new Network Initiative, Engineering Change Requests (ECRs), Test Observance Reports (TORs) and budget proposals and tracking; Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) scheduling, networks purchases, network test bed management and implementation.
* Design and build test bed setup to test and evaluate new network technology and equipment for new design/version changes of ANTS, ADNS, CANES and UMCS.
* Design ANTS test plans and test procedures with end-to-end communication of all related dependencies.
* Implement new network technology and equipment into the new ANTS versions.
* Support qualification and integration tests to ensure a smooth transition between existing and new designs.
* Conduct research of new communications hardware and software to provide the team with latest technology.
* Support the UCA labs to administer all UCA network servers and computers.
* Provide engineering expertise if troubleshooting is required to solve problems and restore reliability to the network test beds.
* Support the design and implementation of network custom software used to monitor, maintain and control network devices.
* Research, optimize and implement network concepts including: Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Quality of Service (QoS), Wide Area Network (WAN) optimization, data-in-transit (DIT) and Data-at-rest (DAR) encryption.
* Create, manage and optimize out-of-band (OOB) network management systems utilizing server virtualization
* Attend training and conferences to learn the latest state-of-the-art technology.
* Provide inputs to the Network Weekly Report and for the Network submission to the program data calls.
* Support UCA testing during and after normal work hours on an as needed or rotating basis.
* Ability to travel up to 20%.
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Secret security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are an EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.