Under general supervision, oversees the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment. Responsible for evaluating current systems. Assists in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Requires thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ongoing support and configuration of all elements of the company's voice and data network, including routers, switches, telecommunication closets and cabling.
* In conjunction with other systems staff, maintains internal DHCP scopes and DNS administration.
* Optimizes the performance and availability of network and end-user infrastructures through the application of best practices such as performance monitoring, capacity planning, and trend analysis and recommends improved methodologies.
* Responsible for the engineering, deployment and support of the voice and data network infrastructure.
* Implements and maintains voice and data network devices, physical cable plant, and supporting tools to provide for the 24X7X365 availability of the technology environment.
* Creates and maintains documentation such as device and address inventories, verification of circuits, floor plans, and technology roadmaps as well as operational policies and procedures.
* Works directly with other business units to ensure there is sufficient capacity in the network to connect all new internal and external connections.
* Works directly with business units to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained.
* Assists in the development and implementation of company's technology strategy, including goals, priorities and policies relating to companies information and communications management.
* Recommends strategy for the planning, use and coordination of networking technology and services including the evaluation of current and proposed systems.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
* 7+ years experience in network architecture and engineering skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Detailed knowledge of WAN Protocols, particularly MPLS. SDWAN exposure/experience preferred.
* Detailed knowledge and implementation skills of Cisco's Switching and Routing
* Knowledge of various Security products.
* Detailed understanding of Voice Over IP; experience with Cisco and Avaya VOIP Products.
* Detailed knowledge of IP Routing, Quality of Service technologies with demonstrated implementation in a large enterprise organization.
* Skills with Solarwinds, PRTG and other network management solutions.
* Skills in developing network/security policies, procedures and documentation.
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and policies within the information services field required.
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.