AUSGAR Technologies, Inc., an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer, is a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Department of Defense, government contractor with core competencies in Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering. With offices on both the East and West coasts, an inviting culture, and above-standard benefits, opportunity abounds for the right individual!
We have an exciting, NEW opportunity for a Network Engineer II to join Team AUSGAR's smart, innovative technical team members.
Network Engineer II - 19-013
The Network Engineer will provide direct support to the Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center working on the United States Marine Corps Networking on the Move (NOTM) program.
* Support will include establishing both fixed satellite communications earth terminals, as well as enabling fully mobile vehicular based satellite systems.
* Will establish, troubleshoot and maintain both local area and wide area tactical network connectivity for multiple security enclaves, using a variety of satellite based and radio frequency communications systems, as well as hardware encryption devices.
* Will support Marine Corps field exercises in demanding environments and provide assistance to military personnel in the resolution of complex communications and systems issues.
* Will test and evaluate new equipment and systems for possible inclusion into the NOTM program, test QoS strategies to improve system performance and assistance in the development and testing of prototype tactical vehicles.
* Support the implementation and design of network architectures/infrastructures.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 5-9 years of network engineering experience.
* BS in Engineering or Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.
* Experience with NSA Type 1 encryption equipment (e.g. KG-175D, KG-250X) required.
* Experience with Cisco routers and switches required.
* Expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of computer networks.
* CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301) certification required.
* Cisco CCNA certification required.
* Technical writing and verbal skills required.
* Travel up to 10% may be required.
* Active Secret Clearance required.
* Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
* Experience with planning and engineering of network architecture/infrastructure.
* Experience with concepts, best practices, related networking concepts related to networking hardware/software to include LAN, WAN and Wireless technologies/architectures and procedures within network engineering/technical disciplines.
* Able to clearly document and deliver technical reports to senior leadership.
* Works independently.
* May oversee and lead other employees assigned to the task (s).
* Experience with Marine Corps tactical IP-based networks, Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Local Area Networks (LANs) preferred
* Experience with the NOTM program desirable.
* Experience with Marine Corps satellite systems to include very small aperture terminals (VSAT) and vehicular based systems desirable.
* Knowledge of tactical meshing radio systems to include commercial based and military products (e.g. Fortress and PRC-117G in ANW2 mode) desirable.
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Secret security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are an EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.