Bachelor's degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
The successful Network Engineer must have:
* CCNP preferred or at minimum CCNA
* Expertise in routing protocols, TCP/IP protocols, security requirements and network communications.
* Expertise with network monitoring and reporting tools and technology
* VTC and VOIP experience preferred
* Considered to be highly skilled and an authority in discipline
This position requires a minimum of an active TS/SCI clearance. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within a reasonable amount of time after hire, with acceptable timing determined by manager. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required
* Applicants must meet DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAT-II or higher
* Applicants will be required to attend 30 days of training at our San Antonio office
Responsibilities for this Position
Are you ready for an exciting career as a Network Engineer supporting our Nation's prestigious cyber initiatives? Do you want to challenge your networking skills and knowledge by supporting multiple Communities of Interests? If so, General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an exciting career opportunity for you as a Network Engineer in our Ft Belvoir, Virginia location or Dahlgren, VA. In this role you will:
* Provide day-to-day communication/network security operations and maintenance of multiple secure network infrastructures
* Design, develop, build, and test network engineering solutions as part of a team that introduces new technologies and/or improves existing technologies in compliance with established project management processes
* Lead major project initiatives and develop configurations using expertise in routing protocols, firewalls, datacenter protocols and security requirements
* Troubleshoot, develop and design network architectures consisting of multilevel access and multilevel security platforms supporting sites
* Configure, install, and troubleshoot Cisco routers, switches, VOIP systems, video teleconferencing, and various other network and telecommunications components while adhering to current DISA STIG requirements
* Analyze and determine corrective action for secure data communications networks
* Troubleshoot, terminate, and/or install copper and fiber optic cabling as needed in support of network systems
* Implement US government COMSEC standards and practices
* Program, install, load, and troubleshoot KG-175 TACLANE Encryptors
* Understand and implement Tempest standards
* Create/modify Microsoft Visio network diagrams
* Adapt to changing environments and coordinate large scale implementations using available resources
* Perform work tasks as assigned
* Monitor key system metrics to identify trends and analysis using network monitoring tools, preferably SolarWinds
* Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of the organization, able to support high level customers and report network status to key stakeholders.
* A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
* Research, test and implement firmware upgrades on network equipment
* Arrange scheduled upgrades of networking equipment while adhering to enterprise outage notification and maintenance window policies
* Assist in developing, prioritizing, planning, scheduling and implementing enterprise networking equipment tech refresh plans
* Occasional travel in support of networking equipment installations, maintenance and replacements
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran