• This position serves as part of the technical team supporting the Army Research Lab (ARL) SUNET program.
* Provides leadership and engineering direction for the design of network systems.
* Design, implement and manage network, including switching, routing, firewall administration, and the enforcement of security policies, standards guidelines and procedures.
* Develops and implements strategies for generating multiple alternate designs at each development level, and analyzes trade-off results, triggering an iterative design process.
* Identify, diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity issues reported by team members, business unit managers and the IT operations team
* Plans and designs complex networks that typically link numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas.
* Identifies impacts on network services, capabilities, and availability, as changes in the network configuration are planned and executed, including contingency restoration plans and exercise scenarios.
* Monitor network performance, application protocol usage and traffic patterns to ensure a predictable level of network performance
* Prepares detailed test plans.
* Performs technical design reviews.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
* B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
* CCNP or equivalent/CCNP, IAT II
* Advanced level understanding of network/internet protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, VPN, VoIP, SIP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, MPLS, BGP etc.)
* Exposure to one or more programming scripting languages
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Required Clearance: Secret
Desired: Top Secret
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 1924490 Date posted 05/27/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.