Position: Network Engineer
Job ID: ES20191906-31745
Location: Herndon, VA
The Surveillance and Automation Solutions (S&AS) business area within Harris is seeking a mid-level Network Engineer to support the growth of the ADS-B system and develop networking solutions for new pursuits.
The candidate will be responsible for performing tasks such as:
* Lead system integration activities and support verification and validation activities.
* Trouble-shoot network issues and develop corrective action plans.
* Review service level agreements with carriers and verify that the network meets the performance requirements.
* Reviewing existing network implementation and recommending improvements.
* Conduct analysis of network usage and develop plan to meet future needs.
* Develop new network architectures based on operational requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
* Minimum of 9 years' experience in large-scale national and international network design, implementation, and operations.
* Demonstrated ability to perform traffic analysis, project network demand, and recommend infrastructure to support the needs.
* Ability to conduct root-cause analysis of issues related to the network and recommend corrective action.
* Working knowledge of major carrier operations and procedures.
* Hands-on experience configuring routers, switches, and firewalls.
* CCNP certification or equivalent - CCIE is a plus.
* CISSP certification.
* Prior carrier experience.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER