As a Network Engineer you will assist in providing first level, on-site and remote network support including diagnosing, configuring and documenting assigned network problems in a highly available clinical environment for assigned site(s). You will also respond to network issues affecting clinical applications and participate on the Network Implementation Team.
* Performs first level diagnostic on-site and remote support for network problems and responds to issues affecting clinical applications.
* Configures network devices, including routers and switches in a highly available clinical environment.
* Racks and stacks network equipment and performs testing and tracing of network cables.
* Documents network changes and implementations.
* Works with Wide Area Network (WAN) and internet carriers during implementations and outages.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor's Degree in a related technology, preferred.
* Minimum of two (2) years experience supporting Cisco and/or Jupiter network devices, required.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification, required.
* Troubleshooting skills in a minimum of two (2)of the following network protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, DHCP, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS IEEE 802.1q, 802.3 or 802.1x, required.
* Experience implementing WAN/MAN technologies including: T1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, OC192, Metro-Ethernet, DWDM and datacenter to datacenter (DC-DC) connections, required.
* Experience with internet connectivity and support, required.
* Experience isolating network cabling issues, required.
* Solid written and verbal communications, required.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Visio and Excel, required.
* Familiarity with Change Management Processes, experience with performance and capacity tools and understanding of Quality of Service (QoS), preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.