Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
General Dynamics IT requires a Network Engineer to provide operational (O&M) level support for Wide Area Networks (WAN)/Local Area Networks (LAN) and associated telecommunications infrastructure for the DOJ US Trustees
Responsibilities to include:
* Analyzing and defining network requirements
* Defining and maintaining network architecture and infrastructure
* Configuring and optimizing network servers, hubs, and switches
* Analyzing network workload
* Monitoring network capacity and performance
* Diagnosing and resolving network problems
* Developing network backup and recovery procedures
* Installing, testing, maintaining, and upgrading network operating systems software
* Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network services
* Test, install, configure, and maintain networks including hardware (servers, hubs, bridges, switches, and routers) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of information
The candidate will require 6 to 8 years' experience with the following skills:
* CCNA and/or CCNP certification
* Cisco routing and switching for 100 office locations.
* Cisco wireless LAN controller and access points; adding and modifying as needed, basic troubleshooting skills.
* Cisco ISE; radius authentication, adding and removing rules, dot1x authentication and troubleshooting.
* Cisco Prime; running reports as needed, monitoring the network and pushing code updates and configuration changes.
* Cisco mobility services engine - for Wi-Fi monitoring and reporting.
* Basic understanding of Cisco DMVPN technology.
* Manage and maintain Netflow collector server (scrutinizer).
* Cisco Nexus switches
Understanding of Windows based network Server OS in a virtualized (Cloud) environment running Server 2012/2016 a plus.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.