Raytheon is looking for an experienced Network Engineer with an active Secret clearance to work as part of a collaborative team to support classified networks in our El Segundo campus. The ideal candidate should have a solid background in network administration and architecture, self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail, be able to work under time constrains, be able to multi-task and prioritize work, and should have excellent troubleshooting skills. The candidate will frequently interact with inter-organizational contacts representing the IT Program Execution organization in the support of SAS engineering end-user community.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Configure, manage and upgrade existing Cisco Network hardware and software, such as switches, routers, ASAs
* Ensure Information Assurance compliance for Network hardware and software and mitigating identified IA vulnerabilities. Remediate IAVAM and DISA STIGS
* Ensure compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF, DISA STIGs, NIST, etc.)
* Must have strong background with LAN, WAN, Routers, Switches, ASAs, and other network hardware.
* Demonstrates firewall, access control list knowledge, and IP address management
* Experience with Type-1 HAIPE Encryptors, VPN technologies and protocols IPSec, GRE, L2TP, DMVPN, etc.
* Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
* Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
* Security+ certification, Cisco CCNA certification.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* U.S. Citizen with Active DoD Secret clearance
* Experience implementing IDS/IPS, host-based security and integrating firewall appliances, including DMZ design and ACL implementation
* Experience with TACACS/Radius authentication software based configuration
* Experience with vulnerability scanning and threat mitigation technologies
* Experience with ACAS, SCAP, CMRS
* Experience with NISPOM/STIG or PCI security
* Experience with SolarWinds, Visio, SNMP-based network management
* CCNP highly desired
Minimum Education Required:
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
133238BR 133238 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Network Communications Research
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.