It's Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of "Becker's 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the "50 Great Places to Work" in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you're looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don't just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Network Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of systems, network and telecom engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
* Evaluate, install and maintain network gear, communications links and other core infrastructure components
* Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of network and infrastructure availability
* Assist as remote hands as needed for other peer departments and general willingness to pitch in to help peers when necessary
* Telecom provisioning and troubleshooting
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Create and maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
* Provide 2nd and 3rd tier support
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
* 5+ years experience with Cisco firewall, Cisco network switch, and Cisco wireless
* BS degree required, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, a related subject, with 5+ years in the field
* Solid LAN/WAN networking fundamentals (e.g., Routing protocols, VLAN, QoS/CoS, DHCP, DNS, WAN, Load Balancers, SAN/NAS)
* Proven working experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting IP-based environments.
* Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems
* Network security experience with Firewalls, ACLs and VPNs
* Experience with monitoring and logging systems
* Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
* Self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
* Cloud experience, preferably in AWS and/or Azure a strong plus
* Experience working with and troubleshooting VoIP-based telecom systems a strong plus
* Experience with Linux (RedHat and/or Debian)
* Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby)
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.