Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Title - Network Engineer
Location - Merrifield, VA
Network Engineer to work out of our Merrifield, VA office.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
* Provide design and ongoing support of LAN and WAN used in mail processing applications
* Plan, design, build, configure, test, document, and implement both a physical and logical network infrastructure
* Configure routers and switches, with appropriate network communications protocols, and their implementation via network hardware and software
* Provide Tier 3 help desk support for resolving complex network problems involving multiple applications and organizations
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of professional service
* Familiarity with all layers of OSI model and network communication protocols and working knowledge of Cisco hardware
* At least 4 years hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems involving networks and application systems
* Ability to create network architecture solutions for new applications based on user requirements
* Experience with SolarWinds products and Sniffer software
* Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating systems including basic administration, communications and networking configurations
* Experience with either Windows or Linux based scripting languages (PowerShell/VBS or Python/Perl/Ruby/Bash)
* Ability to create technical documentation such as statement of work, technical presentations, and after action support reports
* CCNA or better certification will be a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
* Woman-Owned Small Business
* VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Affirmative Action Employer
* Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply