Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Herndon, VA?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Cyber is an essential element of Space's strategy for growth as these skillsets have become essential to meeting customer and internal needs. In support of new programs, our Cyber Exploitation teams are building capabilities and specialized tools and techniques. We are increasing focus and emphasis on our customer's hardest problems, including challenges unique to the cyber security tools and integrated effects.
Are you an accomplished Network Engineer? If so, we have an opportunity for you to join our team in the Herndon, VA area on existing and upcoming programs/task orders.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
* Maintaining all documentation required for the network, supporting customer systems as assigned.
* Providing installation, configuration, and operational use of network devices including firewalls, systems, and network traffic analyzers.
* Providing installation, configuration, and operational use of commercial computer tools and products.
* Collecting on-net signatures for network devices and identifies those signatures that are unique to a particular device.
* Providing support to developers by evaluating tools and techniques with the above mentioned products and tools.
* Mitigating router and switch security vulnerabilities.
* Establishing and maintaining system security documentation.
* Identifying technical issues, and provide technical recommendations for anomalies.
* Collaborating with other engineering disciplines and departments to provide design and development solutions.
* Ensuring that projects are completed on schedule.
* Designing and defining system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems.
* Determining systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
* Coordinating design of subsystems, and integration of total system.
* Developing and recommending corrective actions.
* May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
* Development, design, ongoing maintenance, trouble ticket resolution.
* Device configuration.
* Crypto device support.
* Evenings and weekends may be required occasionally based on program schedule (installation) or customer outages.
* Experience designing, installing, configuring, troubleshooting wired networks.
* Knowledge of firewall applications, set up, maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of IPS/IDS.
* Knowledge of switches and routers.
* Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as VLANs, subnets, protocols, and standards.
* Knowledge of OPSF, BGP, Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, QOS.