ABOUT FOUNDATION MEDICINE:
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea-to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Network Engineer II position is responsible for maintaining the operational reliability and availability of FMI's network architecture and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) infrastructure. Responsible for assuring that business objectives and service level agreements are achievable and maintained, the Network Engineer II has a vital role in assuring the success and integrity of platforms and as a result our company and our patients.
This position participates in 24x7x365 on-call rotation shifts.
* Install software, servers, routers and other network devices.
* Configure network devices for the purpose of optimal efficiency and data safety.
* Deploy wireless networks and associated changes.
* Operate the master console for routine monitoring of local area networks (LAN), metropolitan area networks (MAN), wide area networks (WAN), and traffic engineering operations for FMI's offices and colocation datacenters.
* Take actions as needed that ensure the availability of network services for all individuals or organizations needing access to these networks for FMI business purposes.
* Design and complete data, software and hardware protection initiatives at set intervals to ensure the safety of information technology in use by the company.
* Configure and support FMI's VoIP infrastructure, including but not limited to: Cisco Internet Protocol phones, Cisco Call Manager, and Session Initial Protocol lines.
* Maintain network security, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
* Identify, diagnose, monitor, troubleshoot and resolve network issues, providing set interval status updates during the repair process and documenting steps and resolution.
* Initiate network optimization initiatives and review of system standards at pre-defined intervals that reviews and incorporates all technical documentation.
* Routinely inspect and periodically replace faulty network hardware components.
* Conduct periodic tests of systems and maintain documentation results.
* Prepare reports and presentations on networks operational status.
* Partner closely with other members of the Platform Team for the duties above.
* Partner with other technical groups to help deliver business critical projects.
* Suggest improvements to network capability, scalability and performance.
* Perform data back-up procedures.
* Provide periodic guidance to Network Engineer I.
* Participate in the 24 hour, 7 day, 365 on-call rotation.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 4+ years of network engineering experience.
* Degree in Computer Science, Computer Networking, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or Software.
* One or a combination of the following Certifications:
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library Certification.
* Network Security Engineer Certification.
* Cisco's Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching, Voice, and/or Datacenter Certification.
* Other information technology certifications.
* Knowledge of the following Cisco VoIP technologies:
* Internet Protocol phones.
* Unified Communications Manager.
* Emergency Responder.
* Unity Connection.
* Unified Contact Center Express.
* Catalyst chassis series switches (4500).
* Proficiency with the following F5 load balancers:
* Load Traffic Manager.
* Access Policy Manager.
* Application Security Manager.
* Proficient with the following Amazon Web Services:
* Transit Gateways.
* Direct Connects.
* Virtual Private Cloud.
* In-depth knowledge of Routing Information Protocol, Border Gateway Protocol, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol, and Open Shortest Path First Protocol.
* Professional experience in a life sciences industry.
* Expertise in network security practices and technologies (access control lists, firewalls, and 802.1x, network policy servers).
* History of working on high-speed, high-performance telecommunications networks, multiprotocol label switching, point-to-point protocols, gigabits and 10gig connectivity.
* Experience with enterprise class network attached storage and storage area network solutions (such as EMC, NetApp, IBM, Dell, and HP).
* Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, InfiniBand, Fibre Channel over Ethernet experience.
* Knowledge of network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools).
* A work history in environments that comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments and Food and Drug Administration's requirements.
* Demonstrated history of thorough documentation skills.
* Prior experience with quality of service implementations.
* Experience with network infrastructure related to Service Oriented Architecture.
* Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues.
* Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one's own workflow.
* Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines.
* Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data.
* Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
* Excellent organization and attention to detail.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.