Hanover Park, IL
Installing, supporting, monitoring and maintaining Local Area, Wide Area, and WiFi network equipment, firewalls, and related monitoring equipment. Planning for and responding to service outages and other general problems. Scripting and light programming, project management for network-related projects, basic training of employees on new processes and programs, and being available to assist computer problems beyond the knowledge or expertise of technical support staff.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 4 years related experience and/or training, and 7 to 11 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Monitoring, maintaining, and updating the operational network infrastructure.
* Creating and maintaining automated monitoring and reporting processes.
* Planning and rolling out new IT related projects and systems.
* Documenting business processes and providing cross-training for backup employees.
* General Computer Support for employees and other team members.
* Work with applications in support of new application roll outs.
* Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive health benefits package
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Flexible spending account
* Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
* Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
* Tuition assistance
* Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
* Company culture that recognizes its employees
ABOUT BNSF Logistics:
BNSF Logistics is an industry-leading transportation intermediary, committed to providing value to each of our customers through professional acumen, entrepreneurial drive, and individual commitment. We are one of the fastest growing 3PLs in North America and pride ourselves on service flexibility and modal breadth. BNSF Logistics is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC.
Our Purpose: We Deliver What Matters
Our Guiding Principles:
* Protect the well-being of ourselves and others
* Drive innovation and embrace transformation
* Respect and serve everyone
* Keep our commitments
* Celebrate and enjoy the journey
* Foster a collaborative and inclusive community
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.