What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Hey Austin! We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our Global Network Team right here in the promise-land. You will act as the primary contact for network support at our campus in Austin, TX and you will also help drive improved networking solutions globally. Come get your hands on advanced Cisco, Aruba and HPE systems and bring your ambition, problem-solving ability, analytical mindset and investigative skills.
* Drive technical problem resolution of reported incidents and handle escalations from L1 NOC staff or IT teams, primarily onsite at our largest campus in Austin, TX
* Deploy new networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN) and assist Global AMD Network Engineering/Architecture team with improving/evolving the designs to meet new requirements
* Work with Global AMD Network Engineering/Architecture Team and other IT teams to complete approved project activities
* Follow established Incident, Change and Problem management processes in order to meet agreed upon SLA's and propose improvements that can improve resolution time
* Understand networking best practices and apply them for both new requests and incidents, using automation wherever possible
* Execute network hardware and software upgrades across the globe to make sure that the network is up-to-date while minimizing network interruptions
* Perform regular network failover testing to validate network redundancy is configured correctly and operational
* 3+ years of experience in Networking.
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills
* Basic working knowledge in several of the following technologies and domains:
* LAN Access (Cisco IOS, Aruba Provision)
* Data Center Networking (HP/H3C Comware, Cisco Nexus)
* Wireless (Cisco WLC, Aruba Mobility Controllers)
* WAN Routing (Cisco IOS - OSPF, BGP, VRF, DMVPN)
* WAN Acceleration (Riverbed)
* QoS across all LAN, WAN, Wireless domains to support Voice and Video
* Internet routing
* VPN Remote Access solutions
* F5 LTM and GTM Load-Balancing
* Network Performance Monitoring
* Certifications or formal training for above domains is desirable
The location for this role is Austin, TX. Due to the amazing talent in this area, we are not currently considering candidates outside of this geographical area.
Requisition Number: 68503
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Information Technology
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.