Under the general direction of the Director of IT, the Network Administrator is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative and engineering support for the organization's computer and network systems, including server management, load balancing, storage management, data and voice network components, data security, and VoIP systems and other network resources. The candidate will also assist with the daily operation of the data center, LAN/WAN and VPN communications, including patch remediation, server monitoring, data traffic sniffing, and control, and issue management.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Responsible for the maintenance and functionality of the following systems: Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Backups and other Systems, including, but not limited to, printers, copiers, phone system, smartphones and other IT-related equipment.
* Ensure network meets industry standards for high availability, ensuring uptime during SYHealth's hours of operation. Ensure development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program suitable to meet the operation objective of "99.99% availability"
* Coordinate repair or maintenance of network and telecom hardware equipment
* Work with IT Service Desk to maintain hardware and software inventory to ensure compliance and asset management
* Document and log changes to network equipment, computer systems, and other equipment. Maintain network topology documentation as changes are made to the network infrastructure
* Assist in efforts to develop, design, optimize, and document network topology and architecture to support systems reliability, security, scalability, management, data integrity and performance, including providing critical support in areas of network engineering configuration and deployment assistance
* Maintain routing equipment, firewall equipment, server systems and telecommunications systems
* Manage and frequently update network configuration settings for internal and external systems, including DNS, DHCP, VPN, VLANs and firewall settings
* Accurately document all new system implementations and modifications to existing systems (moves, adds, changes)
* Research and provide expertise on integration of third party software and tools
* Create and modify router and switch configurations using dynamic routing protocols
* Provide escalation support for technical production (infrastructure) issues and follow through to satisfactory resolution
* Assist in Disaster Recovery planning, development and implementation
* Ensure compliance with IT Security and Governance processes, such as Change and Release as well as healthcare industry regulations
* Work with IT Manager and Service Desk Lead to identify and implement technical and service improvements and Best Practice approaches
* Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed
* Ensures networks are operational; ensures hardware and software is patched and/or updated; ensures all analog and broadband circuits are operational in accordance with vendor specifications
* Ensures the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization
* Maintains knowledge on current technology by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technologies
* Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship throughout the organization, ensuring the department is well received and presented professionally and positively
* Respects confidentiality in discussing staff and organizational matters; also maintains confidentiality of organization, project, fiscal and personnel related information
* Reports to work regularly and on time, late hours and weekend schedules will be necessary at times
* Participate in the on call rotation to support technical issues and end user support
* Exemplifies and promotes the department's four key success factors: Positivity, Ownership, Efficiency and Transparency, when working with both internal and external customers
* Assists with other duties as directed
* Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in a Networking role and solid experience in planning, installation, configuration, administration, connectivity, monitoring, optimization and troubleshooting of Windows LAN\WAN's. Solid experience with implementing and maintaining technologies in a multi-site environment and working with Windows server operating systems and converged networks (voice and data), as well as experience working with SAN technology.
* This person should have experience with Data Center Optimization, Data Center Management Processes, Virtualization, and Private and Public Cloud computing.
* Experience configuring network that adhere with regulatory requirements such as HIPAA and PCI.
* Candidates will need excellent presentation, business communication, conceptualization, analytical and logic skills. Candidates will also need the ability to articulate and translate technical language to non-technical customers.
* Preferred experience using the ITIL framework within a regulated environment.
Certifications and Education:
Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Cisco, Palo Alto, VMware and Microsoft training/certification highly desired. Candidates without a bachelor's degree must have at least 8 years of experience to be considered.
Specific Technical Skills
* Network Services (DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, VoIP QOS, routing, switching, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, UDP, RIP, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, POP, SSH, DNS, VRP, STP, IPSEC etc.)
* Firewall Administration (Palo Alto)
* VoIP experience and telephony concepts (i.e. Call Center, Hunt Groups, PRI's, Coverages, etc).
* Storage management (RAID, IOPS, redundancy)
* SAN Technologies (IBM, Netapp, Nimble)
* SAN Protocols (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS etc) using Cisco Nexus and DELL switches
* Blade server technology
* Windows server Clustering
* Disaster Recovery technologies and processes
* Server Consolidation and Virtualization
* Backup and Replication
* ITIL (IT Service Management) Processes
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
* Pay Type Hourly
* 1601 Precision Park Ln, San Diego, CA 92173, USA