The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an Network Engineer for our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Network Engineer is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the LAN and WAN network. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, support and optimization of all network appliances and communications links LAN, WAN, WLAN, and VPN.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Network Engineer include, but are not limited to:
* IP Networking including TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, NAT, Access-Lists, Route Redistribution, IP Multicast, Spanning Tree, RIP, H.323, SIP, QOS, Switching, Encapsulation, address protocols.
* Cisco VOIP, Telephone and Voicemail
* Network Monitoring
* Router and Switch configuration and maintenance
* Network Security and Firewall configurations and administration
* Virtual Private Network (VPN) configurations and administration
* Local area network configurations and administration
* Wide area network configurations and administration
* Cable management
* Supporting of a 24/7 broadcast operation
* Implementing system redundancy and disaster recovery upgrades, maintenance and disaster recovery upgrades, maintenance monitoring
* Network backup and recovery
* Network failover and recovery
* Installing network operating system patches
* Basic understanding of MS Active Directory
Candidates are required to have:
* Associates degree and minimum of 2-7 years progressive Network experience
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP and ability to install and troubleshoot LANs and WANs
* Network configurations and maintenance.
* Network diagnostics and troubleshooting, using network analyzing tools
* Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
* Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well as part of a team and to form liaisons with other groups in order to achieve states objectives
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency in response and follow up communication to end user
* Cisco certifications; CCDP, CCNP, or CCIE
* Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.