Tyler Technologies is the leading provider of software and solutions to the public sector and consistently voted one of the top DFW workplaces by the Dallas Morning News.
We are seeking a Cloud Network Engineer to join our hosting engineering team. The Network Engineer's primary duties include design and implementation as well as installation, maintenance and support of the network and cloud infrastructures as required to meet the needs of Tyler's network. The person in this role will be heavily involved in project work, but also serves as a Tier 3 point of contact for supporting both cloud and datacenter networks, designing requirements and implementing new solutions.
This role is ideal for mid-level or senior-level engineers with some AWS or other public cloud experience.
Occasional, approximately 5%
* Act as Tier 3 support and primary point of contact for troubleshooting and problem resolution of network connectivity and configuration issues
* Determine design and assess budgeting needs for future hardware and equipment purchases as well as cloud-based deployments
* Monitor network performance and take steps to ensure efficiency and up-time requirements are met in order to maintain strict client SLAs for application delivery / high availability
* Manage vendor relationships
* Maintain records necessary for audit compliance, including but not limited to PCI, SSAE, SOX, CJIS, FedRAMP
* Responsible for documentation of education of team members and business partners
* Promote best practices for implementation and maintenance of all networks
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent experience, IT certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, AWS CSA-P, MS ASA, and/or CISSP desired
* Typically requires 5+ years of practical experience support in Networking, TCP/IP setup and configuration, Cisco Routers/Switches, VPN appliances, Cisco IOS/NX-OS, F5 and other network hardware
* Strong understanding of security practices including intrusion detection and prevention at all levels of the network
* Solid understanding of cloud-based network orchestration and automation tools, cloud-based networking design, vpc peering, cloud based network limitations, and optimizations. AWS preferred.
* Prior experience with multiple cloud-based deployments of network infrastructure including automation of deployments
* Proficient routing/switching expertise: BGP, ISIS, OSPF, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, etc.
* Deep experience with network design/implementation/support across multiple platforms including evaluating hardware and software networking requirements
* Ability to deliver clear and concise runbooks, network diagrams and other types of documentation
* Scripting in Python or YAML or JSON
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a company that provides integrated information management solutions and services for the public sector, with a focus on local governments.