Role: Network Engineer
When it comes to IT solution providers, there are a lot of choices. But when it comes to providers with innovative and differentiating end-to-end service offerings, there's really only one: Zones - First Choice for IT.TM
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we've expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond - with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today's top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners - Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more - to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones nfrastructure, the Services Company of Zones, is a collaborative team of more than 700 technology architects, engineers, technicians, and specialists that designs, builds, and operates IT solutions. Our focus on insight, execution, and results has helped us become the First Choice for ITTM for many of today's top brands.
At Zones, work is more than a job - it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
Network Engineer designs, installs, and configures both customer and internal corporate networks, including but not limited to switches, routers, and firewalls. The Network Engineer will generally specialize in other core networking areas which may include load balancing, security, and/or unified communications. This position will collaborate with the systems administration team on inter-connectivity to storage and backup solutions, and on-demand virtualized servers to ensure optimal performance. The Network Engineer will be involved in the design, implementation, and management of LAN/WAN solutions for customers as well as planning, engineering, and supporting nfrastructure's LAN/WAN network, VoIP, and Unified Communications within the Data Centers. This position will also be responsible for design modifications to meet customers' changing requirements, and to address new technologies introduced into the environment(s). The Network Engineer is involved in the life-cycle of design and implementation, including documentation and trouble-shooting.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Network Engineer is primarily responsible for:
* Design network solutions for data center environment taking into account requirements for server virtualization, and storage and back-up solutions.
* Represent logical and physical designs as Visio maps; present data flows as needed.
* Design DHCP scopes for customer networks.
* Develop firewall rule-sets, network routes and ACLs to insure the integrity of the solutions.
* Design and configure secure wireless networks
* Provide high level support for our helpdesk
* Test solutions, configuration changes and micro-code updates to validate operability of solution.
* Provide advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to rapidly identify issues and provide restoration of issues.
* Provide rapid restoration of network anomalies including assistance with disaster recovery of the network.
* Participate in both Incident and Problem Management efforts.
* Maintain documentation, including versioning to reflect network evolutions.
* Prepare system inputs, analyze system outputs and maintain and repair various electronic systems.
* Install, repair, and adjust network equipment and facilities.
* Provide management of the network in terms of trending network performance, capacity planning and overall network health of transport facilities.
* Coordinate and implement software code upgrades in all network equipment during appropriate maintenance window.
* Participate in Change Management Process.
* Coordinate and implement the installation of new equipment and products in the network.
* Coordinate and implement the removal of network equipment being displaced or replaced.
* Troubleshoot network routing, TCP/IP subnets, network security and AD-related ports and protocols, DNS, and DHCP with System Administrators.
* Implement new tools to diagnoses and monitor the network, as needed.
* Work with CTO on the implementation of various technical solutions.
* Other duties may be assigned
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of direct, hands-on, production experience with networking equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls. Seven (7) years of related experience can replace the educational requirement. Advanced certifications will be considered as a replacement for Bachelor's degree and/or years of experience.
* Ability to interact effectively with customers, including providing account management. Must have proven experience in a customer-facing role.
* Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team oriented environment.
* Effective troubleshooting and creative problem solving ability.
* Positive attitude and willingness to embrace the challenge of ambitious objectives.
* Self-motivated critical thinker with the ability to work alone or as a member of a team.
* Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
* Minimum of five (5) years of direct, hands-on, production experience installing, configuring and supporting switches, routers, and firewalls.
* Networking certification(s). This may include but is not limited to CCNA, CCNP, CCIE.
* Experience working in a Managed Services environment supporting multi-tenant production platforms.
At Zones, we take great pride in offering a full spectrum of comprehensive, flexible benefit programs to our employees:
* Medical/dental/vision coverage
* 401(k) plan with matching provision
* Life insurance
* Paid vacation time
* Financial protection benefits
* Group discounts & perks
* Wellness programs
* And more
Zones is also proud to be a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council), and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We offer employment and advancement opportunities to every applicant.
Come join our team. Let's talk.
About Zones, Inc.
Zones is a company that provides IT products and solutions to businesses.