OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is seeking a Network Engineer to add to our team of IT professionals supporting Dept of Treasury. The Network Engineer will work for and under the general direction of the Project Manager to support operations and maintenance of our customer's network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Troubleshooting, installing, implementing, and administering network systems.
* Providing Tier III support.
* Analyzing capacity issues and developing capacity planning models as directed.
* Ensuring planned testing activities are executed.
* Developing network security guidelines. This includes administration, monitoring, change management, configuration, release management, provisioning, security, performance and capacity planning, and incident and disaster recovery functions.
* Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
* Provides network system design and implementation support.
* Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
* Plans, monitors, and installs of network components including voice (VoIP), video, and data.
* Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
* Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
* Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies to develop capacity planning models.
* Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
* Ensures that the Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations (COOP) sites are maintained and ready for use at all times to include documented procedures.
* Supports the COOP exercises by providing installation, setup, user support, and service desk support for the network switches, printers, faxes, and laptops before and during the exercises
* Keeps equipment at the DR site current with the latest patches, versions of software and identified special user software, and operating procedures (user laptop signing on, configuring email, printing, and accessing applications).
* Tests the DR site and all procedures periodically
* Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access.
* Must be a US citizen and all immediate family members and all members of the household must be US citizens.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. (Experience may be substituted for education.
* Six years of relevant IT work experience.
* Four years' experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7000, 6500, 4500, ISR G2, ACE/GSS, ASA, IPS/IDS, TACACS+, TACLanes, CUCM, Meeting Place/WebEX, Anyconnect, VSOM/VSM, NAC.
* Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Voice Professional (CCVP), or Wireless (CCNP Wireless), or Network Security (CCSP). Candidates who do not currently possess the CCNP certification, but meet all other minimum requirements, may be considered for this position. If selected, the candidate will be required to obtain the required certification within a twelve (12) month time period.
* Knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Netcordia NetMRI, Cisco MARS, Splunk, What's Up Gold, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG, and NMAP.
* Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN, and NAC.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide a clear explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors, and above. Great people skills are a must.
* Ability to act as Senior Network Engineering in the absence of the SNE.
* Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
* CCNP, or CCVP, or CCNP Wireless, or CCSP AND the Design Professional (CCDP) Certifications.
* Knowledge of Cisco SRND/SAFE and industry best practices.
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix and other open source software to include BIND and Nessus.
* Familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. MDS switching infrastructure, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
* Extensive experience with Cisco VoIP, including Call Manager 6.X, Unity, and Contact Center. Knowledge of voice TDM technologies is also very useful.
* Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Wireless networking to include: 802.11a, b, g, and n; LWAPP; CAPWAP; WCS; WLC; and APs.
* Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE, and OSPF.
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.