Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
The available position is for a Network Engineer Principal to support a long-tenured Atos major enterprise Fortune 100 customer. The candidate will be supporting regional WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies and infrastructures in the New York City area and surrounding cities. The position will be located on-site in New York City. Supporting this client's environment will be an exciting opportunity for any prospective candidate as it has been well-established with some of the finest technologies and supporting personnel within Atos. The primary responsibility of the of a Network Engineer will be to ensure all facets of the regional network services are meeting/exceeding requirements set by Atos and the customer. This responsibility will be shared with a team of other Network Engineering counterparts.
The Network Engineer Principal will be responsible for the delivery of network services provided by teams directly supporting the Atos managed network services. As such, the candidate will be supported by a talented cast of technical managers and engineering staff. Additionally, the engineer will be supported by a project management office, network operations center, strategy and architecture, network monitoring, tools, reporting, asset management and billing support teams who are dedicated to the account.
Primary Job Functions:
* Responsible for the success of regional network services. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Configure, troubleshoot ad support Cisco routers (3900 and 3800 series), switches (9300, 3700, 6500, series, ASR's, Nexus 5500 and 7000)
* Configure and support Cisco wireless access points with a good understanding of wireless controllers
* Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of incidents queues and executing network changes as required after business hours.
* Opens and monitor TAC cases with our vendors as required
* Adheres to all change control processes and configuration standards
* Attends daily incidents and change control meetings as well as conducting troubleshooting bridges with peers, vendors and customers
* Ensure timely and accurate communications to the customer are occurring
Education / Experience:
* 5+ years as a hands-on network engineer implementing, designing and supporting a large enterprise network is required
* Advanced working expertise of BGP and EIGRP routing protocols as well as TCP/IP, Multicast, LON and protocol redistribution - Should be able to configure these protocols from scratch and troubleshoot these technologies in a production environment
* Advanced working expertise of LAN technologies (HSRP,STP,VLANs and IP-subnetting)
* Strong working expertise of WLAN technologies (Controllers, WAPs, Cisco Prime and 802.11 fundamentals)
* Good working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and specifications
* Experience with corporate change management procedures (design and peer review)
* Understanding of general project planning principles expected
* Industry certifications (e.g.: CCNA, CCNP) a must.
* BA/BS Degree required
* Ability to effectively communicate issues, remediation plans and status on major initiatives to higher levels of leadership
* Ability to direct and interact during major outages and/or initiatives
* Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Atos is a company providing consulting services and solutions.