Department Goals & Objectives
* The design, implementation and support of a robust and resilient global network infrastructure in support of our Members and Team Members evolving needs.
* Utilize existing and identify new technologies, solutions and services that deliver on the network and connectivity requirements of our Members and Team Members.
* Ensure that we deliver efficient solutions that wherever possible reduce both the initial capital and ongoing operational costs to WeWork
* Provide expedient and outstanding support services to our Members and Team Members
About the Role
The Network Engineer, Services and Support is responsible for providing support to our Members and Team Members in a global environment. Based on specialist knowledge, this person will use his or her diagnostic and analysis skills to ensure all Level 3 network issues and service requests are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner. He or she will be primarily responsible for ensuring the proper day-to-day operations of WeWork's data network across a number of WeWork locations.
Network Services and Support Team Members partner with other IT infrastructure teams (Security, Audio Visual, IT Systems, Member Technology Services and Support) to provide technical solutions in the support of any network need that may arise.
This role is critical to delivering the rapid growth of WeWork locations around the world. You will advise and direct the contractors responsible for delivering the WeWork Network at our new locations. When on site you will use your skills and knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues to ensure that the networking equipment is installed and configured correctly before members can move into the location.
Position Goals & Objectives
* Performs in the role of Networking SME (Subject Matter Expert) to provide technical expertise to peers, management, other infrastructure teams as well as our Members
* Act as a technical escalation point and provides Level 3 support for network related issues and requests
* Actively monitors the network health across all WeWork sites and identifies and proposes solutions to potential problems/issues before they happen
* Field incoming help requests from Members, Team Members and monitoring alerts ensuring that the Incident Management System is kept up to date.
* Leverages existing and emerging technologies to develop solutions to improve the performance of the overall Network infrastructure
* Establishes a healthy network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency
* Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
* Continuous development and improvement of network policies and procedures and ensuring they are put into practice and followed by the team
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
* Provides technical guidance to Members, and identifies opportunities to sell Member IT Services that generate revenue for WeWork
* Monitors the Networking helpdesk queue and ensures tickets are assigned and tickets owned are resolved as quickly as possible and within the SLA
* Provides networking technical support and escalations for WeWork field operations
* Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Services & Support Team with the troubleshooting and resolution of LAN & Wireless Network issues
* Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Audio Visual Services Team with the troubleshooting and resolution of audio visual issues
* Coordinate and partner with the Information Security Team to secure the network, developing network access, monitoring controls and evaluations
* Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Business Development Team with the opening of new locations and the provision of services to our Enterprise Members
* Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Project Management Team to manage our processes and standards for network deployment
* Onsite installation, configuration and testing of network infrastructure equipment for new site openings and site expansions; configuring and testing normal operations and failover situations
* Management of low voltage cabling contractors to ensure critical network deliverables are met to support new building openings
* Directs partners and vendors for the quick identification and resolution of escalating issues
* Sets up test environments to test new networking ideas or projects to improve our current Infrastructure
* Protects organization's value by keeping network-related information confidential
* Identify software and hardware lifecycle upgrade; determine upgrade path of device system software and hardware
* Performs network upgrades and refreshes by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
* Responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation to ensure it is updated and current
* Support of new technology solutions
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking, layer 2 switching, spanning tree, data security, DNS, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, and Email Routing
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or 5+ years equivalent experience is required
* 3 - 5 years corporate experience (installation, configuration and support)
* Hands on experience with Juniper/Cisco Networking and troubleshooting experience required
* Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
* Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions for Members
* Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users
* Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work late hours as needed during site build outs or major outages
* Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
* Abstract thinking and the ability to work independently when required
* Experience with Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation
WeWork (also known as The We Company) is a provider of shared workspaces for technology startup subculture communities.