Self-motivated and hands-on individual to assist in maintaining the entire production and R&D network infrastructure. Individual will be responsible for the Production, Dev, QA Lab private cloud network infrastructure as well as networking in public cloud AWS, Azure. The primary focus will be to service production customers, QA, and Development team network infrastructure related requests.
* Key responsibilities for the Network Engineer position include:
* Identification and resolution of hardware, software, or architectural issues in any of the lab networks and production network supporting the Qualys engineering staff and production customers.
* Analyzing systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service
* Formulating and implementing monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to network management
* Troubleshooting, in conjunction with Operations, Engineering and QA teams Web, API and other system issues at a per-packet level via packet trace and sniffer analysis.
* Some travel will be required.
* 5 + years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, load balancers, etc. - in a high-availability infrastructure on a 24x7x365 basis
* 5+ years experience with network protocols for routing and access, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, etc.
* Strong functional knowledge of TCP/IP required
* Experience with the use and implementation of enterprise monitoring and management frameworks, such as SolarWinds, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
* Candidate MUST have extensive experience working in structured change management processes for highly available networks.
* Experience building and configuring the network infrastructure to support and secure major Internet host/network services, including but not limited to: web (http, SSL, etc.), mail (sendmail, etc.), DNS, NFS, NIS/NIS+, databases (Oracle) and Java
* Firewall/security experience (access control list (ACL) management., secure remote management practices, IDS, etc.)
* Experience with networking in public clouds like AWS, Azure.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development.
* Experience with multi-site routing, peering, and disaster recovery network architectures considered a plus
* Formal hardware training and/or certifications from one or more of the following vendors: Cisco Systems (CCNA, CCNP), Juniper Networks (JNCIA, JNCIS), Citrix, F5 Networks, A10
* Previous experience managing SaaS, e-commerce websites and / or on-demand services
* Perl and/or shell scripting considered a plus