Is it time for a new and exciting job opportunity? Phacil, an employee owned IT consulting company, is seeking a Network Engineer for an important customer in Quantico, VA. Join an amazing group of dedicated professionals and see the possibilities!
We bring service excellence and professional commitment delivering quality service and ferocious execution to our Federal Government customers. We provide solutions in the areas of Information Assurance, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Software & Systems Engineering, Cloud & Managed Services and Network Engineering. Join us by applying at www.phacil.com/careers/opportunities .
Clearance Level (Required to Start):
Daily Job Responsibilities:
* Designs and plans network communications systems
* Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
* Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
* Conducts testing of network design
* Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options
* Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network
* Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations
* Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc
* Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
* May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff
* Shall possess as a minimum a: CISCO Certification, CCNA and Security +
* Shall possess experience in the configuration & administration of LAN/WAN network devices to include firewalls, switches, routers and security appliances
* Strong understanding working with the Remedy trouble ticket system
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Experience supporting DoD/government customers
* Proficient in network monitoring systems
* Solid interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and document tasks, self-starter
A Bachelor degree. 4 years of hands-on technical networking administration experience within DoD environment.
* Meet or exceed DoD 8570.1 requirements as follows: Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II which consists of either: Security+ CE, GSEC, or SSCP
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification