The Network Engineer will join a team of similarly skilled technicians responsible for the implementation and management of a nationwide corporate network. This network operations team member will facilitate continuous support of routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi access points and VOIP devices constituting corporate network infrastructure. This role emphasizes cabling vendor/contractor management and expert technical skills supporting Cisco routing/switching architectures, Palo Alto firewalls and VPN services, Aerohive wireless APs and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for network access control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Understand and support a diverse range of network cabling and infrastructure. * Demonstrate advanced conceptual understanding of a variety of network topologies and functionality, including small office, corporate campus and data center infrastructures. * Design, implement, monitor, and maintain local and wide area network and telecom components; refresh device configurations regularly. * Create and maintain technical documentation including operational procedures, deployment automation templates, runbooks, reference materials, disaster recovery plans, and training documentation. * Competently utilize change/incident management systems, project tasking and network tools. * Build, maintain and adhere to project plans including formulation of tasks, timelines, processes, material requirements and collaborative team efforts. * Install, configure, and support networking and security equipment from various vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto, Aerohive, Cradlepoint, and F5. * Participate in a weekly on-call rotation among peer network engineering staff.
Leadership and Communication
* Work independently on tasks with minimal guidance to meet production deadlines. * Demonstrate a robust work ethic and desire to be a productive and reliable team member. * Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills * Represent the Network Operations team in project and operational meetings when required.
Management and Administration
* Strong organizational and analytical skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively. * Provide first and second level technical escalation to internal customers and external partners for network trouble/fault resolution on a daily basis. * Maintain relationships with suppliers of network hardware, software, cabling, and support services with primary emphasis on cabling contractors and broadband providers.
* Develop a solid understanding of Five Star Senior Living business units and supporting technologies. * Work compatibly with peer network engineers and IT team members to understand business requirements and generate effective technical solutions. * Must have flexibility for occasional overnight travel as required by project demands. * Must be able to work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
* Extensive experience with Cisco routers and switches - Active CCNP required. * Strong network diagnostic skills and device command line proficiency * 5-7 years of experience supporting IPv4 LAN/WAN/WLAN environments including: * Structured data cabling terms, concepts, topologies; certified wiring types and implementations * Intermediate knowledge of Ethernet switching, spanning tree protocols, trunking & aggregation * Intermediate knowledge of EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IPSEC and DMVPN, preferably Cisco-centric * Proficiency with traffic inspection tools, packet sniffers, Wireshark decodes, trace/debug * Exposure to Cisco Nexus switching concepts, platforms and implementations.
* Expert proficiency with standard productivity and network support tools including Microsoft Outlook, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and project planning tools * Desirable experience: * Proficiency with Cisco Prime and ISE, Service-Now, Aerohive Hive Manager, Cradlepoint Netcloud, AKiPS, Plixer Scrutinizer and Extrahop Discovery/Explorer appliances. * Familiarity with network automation principles, techniques and implementations * Operational knowledge of LTE/4G WANs, VOIP and video conferencing technologies
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.