The Network Engineer is responsible for the deployment, operations and support of Digital Realty Networks. The network environment consists of both internal company networks and external customer serving network centric products.
The Network Engineer will provide experienced and comprehensive advanced technical expertise for a Data & Transport network and will serve as part of the team to develop and maintain the growing infrastructure.
An ideal candidate will have strong technical skills; able to own issues and drive them to resolution. The candidate must be able to work independently and in pressure situations. Candidate must be process oriented.
* 12+ years of network operations and engineering experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
* 3 or more years of architectural design experience in an enterprise and data center environment.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to understand high-level network design and impacts across the infrastructure relating to underlying hardware and software selection
* Ability to work independently on complex and unique enterprise engineering projects
* Strong expertise with BGP, OSPF, MPLS-TP, etc and related networking protocols
* Expertise with STP, Virtual LANs and Trunking (802.1q), and how to properly implement these technologies
* Expertise with the implementation of network security (ACLs, IPSec Tunnels) - Ability to devise and enforce network security policy while balancing the needs of a diverse and dynamic business
* Ability to perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of routed IP network infrastructure and long-haul WAN circuits.
* After hours support, occasional travel to various IBX's throughout the globe, and participation in an on-call support rotation
* Experience with major hardware vendors and platforms, including Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Palo Alto Networks
* Experience with network protocol analyzers such as tcp dump or Wireshark
* Strong communication skills
* Advanced technical certifications (i.e. CCNA, JNCIA, CCNP) desired
* Install, configure, and maintain networking equipment, software and services to support the customer-serving network-centric products and the enterprise WAN & LAN environments.
* Activate and test circuits on routers, switching gear, WDM gear, and other network equipment in new network nodes.
* Serve as Tier 3/4 Support to the technical operations group. Participate in 7 x 24 on-call support rotation to provide escalation support for network problems.
* Manage, Deploy and maintain Network Monitoring Systems and Change Management Systems.
* Perform site survey, documentation, engineering and deployment for network expansions and new site deployment
* Creation of BOM's, and Engineering packages for new site builds.
* Provide project management to technical team to coordinate complicated network platform and service deployments.
* Identify new technologies and alternative networking systems to enhance customer experience
* Identify operational issues and implement design alterations to address these issues
* Understand technical issues and the implications to the business, and be able to communicate them with other operation departments within the business
* Perform detailed, post event analysis of unusual events, and direct needed procedure or process changes in response
* Generate and update documentation on operational procedures, network topology, and customer database
* Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products
* Manage workflow closely with a variety of different level support organization in the process of providing network support
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Job Location New York, New York, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty provides customized data analysis solutions to businesses such as financial services, IT and internet enterprises.