Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Network Engineer with a TS/SCI and Polygraph clearance. This position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, supporting a large Cyber and Intel program.
The successful candidate will have experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Networking devices. The Network Engineer will be part of an infrastructure team that supports a physical infrastructure and is working towards environment transformations that leverage the Amazon Cloud Services.
* Perform network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrades of existing networks
* Analyze designs, specifications, and related documents
* Perform general LAN and WAN administration
* Schedule conversions and cutovers.
* Conduct and document site surveys.
* Coordinate with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents.
Additional medical screening may be required based on customer requirements.
This position may be filled as a level 2 or 3. NGMSCIMS #LI-POSTMS
* Level 2: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in the IT field, a Master's Degree with no experience required, or a or a total of 6 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* Level 3: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the IT field, a Master's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the IT field, a PhD with no experience required, or a total of 9 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
* Experience integrating, configuring, deploying, testing, and providing ongoing maintenance for numerous types of Cisco network devices, interfaces, and methodologies
* Hands on Experience and knowledge of multiple network protocols with network related Cisco platforms and devices
* Experience implementing a small to medium networking enterprise.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA) Routing and Switching (R/S)
* Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification (CCNP)
* Understanding of AWS cloud technology concepts such as VPC, VPC Peering, DirectConnect and EC2 instances
* Experience using SolarWinds network monitoring tool
* AWS Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.