Amazon¹s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
Within Networking, we're confronting and solving complex and high-stakes challenges. Our teams design, deploy and operate all aspects of connectivity to/from Amazon and the outside world. As a senior member of our networking team, you will play a leading role in designing and architecting networks that simply cannot fail, must scale infinitely, and can never constrain growth while continually lowering cost to benefit our customers. If working on the networks that support the world's largest cloud provider and Earth's most customer-centric company interests you, this opportunity is a fit for you!
The Internet Edge Capacity Engineering Manger role is responsible for a team of 8-10 highly qualified network engineers who own Internet edge capacity engineering, security, performance, availability and cost for the largest cloud provider on earth. Security and operational excellence are our number one priority and this role, like every other networking leadership role, requires in-depth operational troubleshooting and root cause analysis alongside delivering on engineering outcomes. This role has regional ownership but is part of our global Internet team. Our Internet Edge Capacity Engineering Manager is expected to further enhance the highest level of Internet performance and availability AWS is well known for. They will look around corners to identify and mitigate any network risks before these lead to customer impact. This role will be part of our focus to manage the network at scale, improve our operational environment through process and software automation. Our leaders are technical and understand their environment to accurately represent operational issues and exercise high judgment during high severity events.
The Internet Capacity Engineering Manager in this role will be responsible for:
* Leading the fulfillment of peering, internet exchange, and transit capacity globally while providing guidance to the senior leadership team.
* Creating a vision and plan for the team to execute by targeting gaps and identifying innovation opportunities to resolve security, availability, scalability, performance, agility and cost efficiency challenges.
* Working closely with customers and internal partners to drive technology roadmaps and invent new bleeding edge network solutions.
* Leading the constant improvement of tools and processes.
* Building a world class team by attracting and retaining industry leading talent.
* Prioritizing what matters to continually reassess what outcomes will deliver the highest return for our customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.