Positions are available in Herndon, VA, Seattle, WA, and Denver, CO.
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Operations Engineers for our Network Infrastructure team that runs critical Amazon Web Services IP networks. The team will drive the stability and sustainability of these next-generation networks and discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The ideal candidate will be expected to perform high quality network and/or systems operations, best practices application, optimization, internal/external customer interactions, and produce appropriate technical documentation. He/she will demonstrate sound knowledge of networking concepts and theory, and have experience participating in network support for a large-scale enterprise or service provider environment. He/she will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
* Maintain Amazon Web Services' next generation networks for significant AWS customers by providing critical network operations support to diagnose, mitigate impact, and resolve networking issues.
* Troubleshoot network routing, interconnectivity, platforms, performance, and configurations issues; including necessary low level application interaction, Unix systems, and new age networking software tools.
* Work closely with our Network/Systems/Software Engineering teams to assist with operations and sustaining of networking software tools.
* Collaborate with higher tier escalation engineers/resolvers.
* Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.