What you'll be doing...
As a Network Design Engineer with Verizon's managed network services team, you will work directly with external F500 customers to define requirements relating to network transformation, upgrades, steady state engineering support. You will work directly with the customer, build trust with stakeholders, and own the design process as a network engineering subject matter expert. You will work closely with Verizon and customer operations, project management, and engineering teams to ensure the customer's requirements are met. In addition, you will provide technological vision for network transformation, serve as the engineering team lead back into Verizon, and ensure information is flowing to engineering resources assigned to project.
* Create client solutions based on business requirements involving advanced networks, data center, security, and virtualization technologies; as well as development of fault and performance management policies and automation rules.
* Proactively manage client engagement at all client levels, technology lifecycle development, and planning & coordination with various internal/external stakeholders.
* Support standard and custom solution development initiatives and network management device and application certification for Managed Services solutions and clients.
* Collaborate with Engineering/Planning, IT, Product Development, and various Verizon and external delivery and support teams to manage the design and implementation of client projects.
* Provide technical trainings and support for the Managed Services Operations team.
* Design, implement, and support solutions involving, but not limited to, WAN, LAN, WLAN, VoIP, Data Analytics, Security and Virtual (e.g.; Virtualization, SDN, NFV) technologies.
* Analyze, evaluate, and communicate network capacity and performance data with the objective of driving improvements to customer's network.
* Provide Matrix supervision of a team for specific projects, resource management, process documentation, and peer mentoring.
* Oversee customer network documentation such as solution design document, record of change, and network diagrams.
* Act as an escalation point, providing 4th level incident support for customers.
* Support and participate in presentations and demonstrations related to technology, process, or client solutions as necessary.
* Own design process and address critical issues.
* Protect Verizon's customer proprietary network information and Verizon information assets.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience as a network engineer with experience designing, implementing, and configuring complex enterprise networks.
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCDA/Meraki certification or equivalent practical knowledge, and/or Juniper JNCIS.
* Experience with Juniper & Cisco routers and switcheswith MPLS network architecture and design disciplines, operational support, with experience in implementation and thorough configuration knowledge and capabilities for all platform levels.
* Strong customer interfacing background, as well as superior oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to create technical documentation.
* Knowledge of all routing protocols (For example: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service.
* Strong understanding of with router, LAN switch, application accelerator, wireless controller and IP Voice.
* Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures.
* Ability to research technical issues and develop solutions.
* Strong attention to detail with organizational skills.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Problem solving skills including conceptual and analytical thinking.
* Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
* Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.