We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We're looking for a network automation engineer who shares our values to help us build tools to configure, monitor, maintain and visualize our global network connecting multiple datacenters and offices. As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We measure and monitor everything, and have a culture of continuous reflection and improvement. We aim to eliminate friction in our environment and believe that no project should be delayed due to lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful.
* Write and maintain software to solve complex network management and monitoring tasks, including:
deploying and auditing configuration of network devices
* monitoring network health, including metrics collection, visualization, and alerting
* tracking network utilization over time to assist capacity planning models
* Write proper tests and documentation for all tools
* Collaborate with other teams to design and implement tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve the network infrastructure
* Integrate existing open source software tools and participate in those open source projects in order to contribute any new features or bug fixes
* Participate in an on-call rotation
* 3+ years of software engineering experience
* Experience developing in at least one of python or ruby
* Comfortable using the Linux/Unix command line and command line tools
* Knowledge of networking concepts (switches, routers, protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.)
* Very strong attention to detail
* Strong communication skills
* A desire to continue learning
* A personal commitment to quality
* Knowledge of routing protocols and concepts (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc)
* Experience with developing software for highly scalable/distributed systems
* Experience with large-scale installations of Linux/Unix
* Experience with Django and Ansible
Technologies we use:
* Python, Ruby
* JunOS, F5 BIG-IP, Arista EOS
* Linux (CentOS)
* SNMP, IPFIX, NETCONF, OpenConfig
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.