Candidate will be responsible for configuring the network management toolset to ensure proper network device support with respect to data collection, representation, reporting, and overall orchestration workflows.
1) Adjust tooling configuration as per certified standards and Engineering recommendations
2) Ensure tooling configurations are properly set to maximize operational effectiveness
3) Act as team representative for regular scheduled network management review meetings
4) Provide coordination and act as a team interface between Network Operations and the Engineering, Deployment, and Security teams
5) Conduct tooling audits to assess proper operational coverage and build remediation changes as required
6) Review posted documentation to ensure all tooling is in adherence to and compliant of any mandates
7) Facilitate and coordinate work with external vendors for tooling updates and upgrades
8) Participate in network management design and peer reviews
9) Adapt and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions
Coverage and Support
1) Responsibility will include on-site cover in line with Morgan Stanley's policies.
Experience with Agile/DevOps network automation/orchestration tools/frameworks.
Understanding of NMS protocols and concepts (SNMP, Syslog, NTP, DNS, NetFlow, TACACS, Netconf, API, Jinja, Yang, YAML, XML, JSON, HTTP/HTTPS, ACI)
Understanding of NMS products for Orchestration, Alert, Incident, Problem, Capacity and Performance, Wifi, Security, and Flow Management.
Proven understanding of how operational workflow requirements can be translated into tooling methods and configurations.
Python scripting experience is required with additional languages (shell, PERL, etc) preferred. Linux familiarity required.
Experience configuring large scale deployments of routers and switches in mission critical environments
Experience with orchestration toolsets managing a variety of networking hardware vendors.
Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Strong organizational skills, customer service focus, attention to detail, and process orientation
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Ability to distill and present information to business community in non-technical terminology
Business analysis skills, with the ability to forecast implications and provide consultative recommendations and solutions
Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage operational lifecycle
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.