What you'll be doing...
The Core Network Management Center (NMC) is seeking motivated and driven engineers to support management of Verizon's Official Telecom Next Generation Network (OTNGN), eNSE, VCP and various platforms across the network. We are a 24x7 highly visible Operations environment which focuses on ensuring that the network remains available, reliable and secure. The NMC offers effective network management tools and standard processes to communicate network events across the business related to short term break/fix outages to longer term issues.
* Continuous improvement driving our business and troubleshooting working strategies that will minimize network events of our Voice and Data Networks.
* Proactive network monitoring voice/data network architectures relating to system performance impairments, hardware/software faults and responding to network alarms and events.
* Trouble ticket management, Outage/Loss of Diversity (LOD) notification management, processing escalations.
* Generate, drive, and update problem-tracking tickets via multiple systems and continually improve business practices.
* Perform triage, fault isolation, and remediation of network events.
* Work with external and internal Verizon organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
* Providing timely and accurate network technical assistance to leadership and external teams by communicating technical details in a clear and concise status updates during network events.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Cisco, Juniper, and F5 devices.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as necessary.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business.
* Multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment based on priorities.
* Experience with routers, switches, Firewalls, load balancers and connection correlation from end to end.
* Knowledge of IP telecommunication equipment, technologies, processes and systems as well as department of company policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF) and familiarity with concepts associated to cloud computing and virtualization (SDN/NFV).
* Triage and prioritize network outages.
* Knowledge of wireless technology and ability to troubleshoot.
* Partner with network design teams to update design based on flaws, bugs or improving network performance.
* Vendor management and accountability.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Thrive in a dynamic environment and high visibility situations.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.