What you'll be doing...
The SDN/NFV Orchestration & Assurance Development team is a part of the Global Network Management organization. This team is principally concerned with the strategic technology evolution across Verizon Wireless and Wireline with specific focus on orchestration, service assurance and life cycle management of virtualized network functions. The primary objective is to utilize our orchestration and assurance platform(s) to drive full end to end automation of every virtualized network function (VNF) from cataloging, to instantiation and full Life Cycle Management of each element over time.
The MTSIV role within this group will be primarily tasked with focusing on the Service Assurance and Life Cycle Management aspects of the program. This will involve incorporating a portfolio of Virtual Network Functions into the Service Assurance fabric to enable topology visualization, alarm and fault management, and correlation of VNF Inventory to the underlying cloud resources that they reside on. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for driving infrastructure and OSS integrations to further enhance the programs ability to evolve towards closed loop automated assurance.
* Design, develop and deploy solutions that enable automated onboarding and service assurance for VNFs.
* Independently work with VZ teams such as planning, operations, and maintenance engineering to understand the VNF onboarding process and granular steps they employ to onboard different types of VNFs.
* Identify opportunities to automate the manual tasks including identification of new features required for automation and enhancing the features that exist to reduce the total VNF onboarding timeframe.
* Work with the Application and Operational owners to create user stories with sufficient detail.
* Design innovative solutions in a way that the solution generates tremendous business value to the users by saving time, effort, or both while providing excellent user experience.
* Utilize capabilities of the architecture (such as the Kafka Messaging Bus) to reduce and flatten data silos and utilize streaming methods for publish/subscribe access to VNF health and metrics data.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with the following technologies or relevant : Unix, Python, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Micro services, SOAP/REST, Ansible.
* Experience with cloud platforms, openstack.
* Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills.
* Ability to learn new networking skills and technologies with minimal assistance.
* Critical thinker, strong problem solving skills
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
* Certifications on cloud technologies.
* Open Source tools development, implementation, and collaboration experience.
* Good Knowledge of Datacenter virtualization technologies (servers, networks and software stacks), monitoring tools and processes.
* Knowledge of ETSI NFV architectural framework and associated standards.
* Knowledge of the standards (3GPP, 3GPP2, IETF, GSMA, etc.) specifications.
* Knowledge of SDN architecture and technology.
* Knowledge of VZ Wireline and Wireless networks and services.
* Linux/Unix scripting especially for TCP/IP stack, Firewalls, DNS, VPNs etc.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.