Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands, and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross-channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
As part of the Network Engineering Team within Technical Operations, the Network Architect will be an integral part of infrastructure growth and improvements underway at Amobee. This is an opportunity for a seasoned architect to apply his or her craft in an exciting, fast-paced environment. As we scale, we need to continue building our global network infrastructure to match that growth. The Network Architect will be responsible for the design and implementation of latency-sensitive, high performance, fault-tolerant networks supporting the Amobee platform. The position will also require maintaining documentation of the network infrastructure, communicating with the Operations and Engineering teams on maintaining standards of quality, and proactively proposing enhancements and improvements to the reference network architecture and existing implementations of it.
A successful candidate for this position will be a professional with experience in architecting robust and scalable network infrastructure. This is a chance to work on an extremely high volume, low latency demanding production network.
* Take an ownership role in architecting the future network that supports the Amobee platform
* Full lifecycle development of network infrastructure, including vendor relationships, product selections, successful implementation and eventually sun setting
* Design and implement a network monitoring strategy that improves end-to-end visibility of the IP network at Amobee
* Improve or create automation and tools to be used by the Network Engineering team to monitor the network, diagnose problems, collect information, plan capacity, and decrease manual changes within the network
* Identify opportunities for configuration improvement. Propose, document and implement those improvements
* Support critical network issues at all levels within the network
* Maintain and improve LAN/WAN connectivity across multiple data centers
* Secondary on-call responsibility for network infrastructure, responding to and resolving incidents, and communicating complex network concepts to the rest of the organization in an understandable way
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering, with 12+ years industry experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to architect complex, multi-site networks, both WAN and LAN
* Expert level knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Arista or similar routing and switching platforms
* Expert level knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6, BGP, OSPF and Spanning Tree Protocol
* Strong understanding of current WAN/LAN technologies being utilized within the industry
* Expert level knowledge of network monitoring, and the tools needed to effectively monitor a network
* Excellent written documentation and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, Firewalls, and other distributed attack schemes
* Proactive leader; "get it done" mentality while following change control methods and processes
* Strong scripting skills preferably in Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, or other relevant languages
* Excellent troubleshooting skills, a creative and methodical thinker
* Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
* Knowledge of Change Management best practices
Location: Redwood City, open to San Francisco CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs, and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying for the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Amobee is a global digital marketing technology company.