Job Classification: Network Architect (Engineer)
Reports To: Senior Director of Enterprise Architecture
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: September 2018
The candidate will collaborate with application stakeholders, solutions architects, network service managers and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network infrastructure and services to meet the needs of the business. Responsible for ongoing stability, functionality and usability of the network and server environment to ensure maximum productivity, reliability and utilization of the equipment in all domestic and international offices. Responsible for the design, testing and complete documentation of network and server systems and operational processes. Provides level 2 and 3 networking, server, application, and user support domestic and international. Directly assist the organization with projects, production support issues. Duties may include 7X24X365 support as needed.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
* Working with people across a global organization
* Evolving and modernizing technologies and services to align with business priorities
* Leading innovation linked to business benefits
* Gathering and understanding business/technical IT infrastructure requirements
* Interacting with and influencing our IT partners
* Remain up-to-date with advancements of the field
* Serving as a technical subject matter expert
* Customer facing with strong verbal and written communication skills
* Support the development of our network strategy and roadmap in partnership with the cloud, data center and network service manager
* Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
* Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
* Extensive knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
* Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
* Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to firm operations.
* Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, etc.
* Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting.
* Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
* Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated, directed and has keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Partner with internal application stakeholders, solutions architects, network service managers and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network infrastructure and services to meet the needs of the business
* Define, document and communicate network standards and best practices for market and corporate customers
* Provide network expertise and leadership to the business and IT functions
* Gain an understanding of the varied market (country) architecture, compliance and security policies and support network standardization efforts domestic and international
* Participate in Architecture reviews and responsible for delivery, representing Global Networking
* Cloud and On-premise data center and security architecture experience
* Hold telecom, ISP's, and outsourced vendors accountable for SLA's, cost, and performance
* Bachelor degree in Computer or Tech background, or Math/Science or 5+ years of equivalent professional experience
* Cisco Certifications such as Route / Switch (CCNP), Design (CCDP), Security (CCNP-Security), Wireless(CCNA-Wireless), Industrial (CCNA-Industrial), Data Center (CCNP-DC)
* 5+ years' experience in an enterprise network design/architect role gained in large global organizations
* 5+ years of professional experience of working and collaborating in a globally dispersed team
* 3+ years of professional experience of network environments with global branch, data center and cloud environments
* 3+ years of professional experience in the majority of the following technical network background areas: data center networking, AWS, Azure, VPN (FortiClient etc.) , MPLS, Cisco Routing & Switching, LAN, WAN optimization, Load Balancers, Global Traffic Manager, Cisco on premise and Meraki LAN & WLAN, high availability campus and WAN design architecture
* Experience of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), network automation and orchestration is desired
* A motivated, driven individual able to use their initiative to make an immediate impact in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
* Ability to think globally and strategically, to drive change in a complex global organization.
* Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions.
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business friendly language.
* A customer-focused approach to liaise with internal customers (both IT and non-IT, domestic and international) through regular business engagements and service escalations.
* Willing to be flexible and available for out of hours work if required.
* Comfortable with business travel (valid passport and ability to travel internationally)
* A strong team player with a willingness to learn, engage and build relationships with both internal colleagues and external partners.
* TOGAF certification is desired
* ITIL Certified
* PMP or equivalent certification is desired
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. ·Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Moderate exposure to outdoor elements at all times of year when traveling to and from work sites via public transportation.
* Must be able to legally operate an agency owned motor vehicle for transportation of equipment.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the Organization's AIDS Policy Statement of September, 1987. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact the Employee Services Office at (312) 660-1431.