* Network Enterprise Architect is responsible for architecting current and future enterprise voice/data network communications systems and for providing the highest level of problem resolution. This position architects services that support the enterprise network such as monitoring tools, hardware, and software resources. Also, this position completes research and recommends solutions that will result in secure and consistently reliable network communications.
* Perform network architecture services that effectively address business needs, service-level, availability, and information security requirements. Analyze technical needs, requirements, and current state of the network's infrastructure design, integration and operations.
* Review and understand complex, large-scale network design documentation, including MPLS, BGP, OSPF routing protocols.
* Gather business requirements from clients to be used in the planning, forecasting, designing and securing, of the enterprise network
* Lead project technical teams to assess and implement large scale converged voice and data networking projects.
* Produce electronic drawings for complex, large-scale, voice and data converged network designs
* Communicate, both verbally and in well written concise documents, the architecture for network designs and procurement of network equipment and supplies
* Assist with the establishment of governing principles for network design and deployment.
* Participate in the establishment of stability, growth, long-term road map for the enterprise network.
Skills / Experience Required
* Ten (10) years' experience in supporting, designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions.
* Superior troubleshooting skills, ability to isolate problems, restore service and determine root cause.
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN topology, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, wireless access points and VPN's.
* Knowledge and ability in preparation of network design specifications.
* Expert level understanding of MPLS, BGP, OSPF and other routing protocols.
* Understanding of Datacenter network technologies such as, OTV, VPC, NSX, ACI, etc
* Knowledge at the expert level of secure network switching and routing at an enterprise level, wiring and cabling, and network management required.
* Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
* Thorough working knowledge of VoIP, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and TCP/IP network environments.
* Ability to provide advanced technical support to Network Engineers.
* Ability to analyze, interpret, and present research findings required.
* Ability to conceive a variety of solutions to functional problems, reduce those solutions to executable actions, and make actions easily understood to information technology professionals is required.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, and users required.
* Willingness and ability to work on-call, additional hours, respond to incidents, and work rotating shifts as required.
* Ability to manage a small team of technical professionals (network engineers and/or technicians). Management of staff is not currently part of the position requirements.
* Data Center Series technologies and products - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Cisco Nexus 9500/9300, 7700, 7000, 5500/2200,5000/2000 series Data Center switches
* Multi-layer switches - 4500, 6500
* ISR, ASR Routers - Cisco 800, 1000, 2800, 2900, 3900, 7200
* Wireless Networks - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Wireless controllers and access points. Conducting site surveys and preparing heat maps
* WAN Acceleratos - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Cisco WAN Optimizers (WAAS) 500/600/7000 series and Riverbed SteelHead 7055 series
* VPN Gateways and RSA server - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Cisco VPN 3000, Lantronix Securelinx-SLC-8, Securelinx-SLC-16 , Netmotion Mobility EX Server
* DNS / DHCP - Infoblox IB 1050, 550 and 250 servers
* Monitoring Tools - Integration of Network monitoring tools (e.g. Solarwinds ) with ITSM dashboards (preferably ServiceNow)
* Identity and Access Management - Design and implementation of Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, BYoD, Network Admission control
* Firewalls and Load Balancers - Good understanding of perimeter security and content switching products and technologies
* Virtualization and Automation - Good understanding of Software Defined Network, Network Function Virtualization and intelligent WAN technologies
* IT Service Management - Good understanding of ITIL best practices, preparing and presenting the solution in change advisory board meetings.
* Maintaining Documentation - Creating and maintaining SOPs/CMDBs/KEDBs/Run Books
* Cisco Network Certification (CCNP)
* Cisco Nexus training and certifications
* Avaya VOIP training and certifications
* BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration or related field required.